21

Rose

Waiting for my train to arrive, I was in luck to see a food stall opened early at this hour. I remembered that I had skipped breakfast as I forgot to pack yesterday night, thus, I had to allocate the remaining time in packing my stuff.

I decided to order a clubhouse sandwich. However, before I took my first bite, I felt someone had tapped my shoulder. I was shocked to see who it was "Jisoo." I called as she suddenly breathed out a sigh of relief and engulfed me in a tight embrace.

As soon as I got over from the primary od seeing here, I asked. "What are you doing here?" I asked with a tone showing that I was shock of her presence.

She gathered herself before speaking, "I was hoping to talk to you." She said exhaustion evident to her voice.

I looked at my watch knowing that any minute from now would be my departure time. "I would love to talk go you Jisoo but I got a train to catch." Without sparing a glance at her way, I got my things and proceeded to leave. However, before I could leave any further, I felt someone grab my arm to halt my steps. I turned to look at her irritated with her acts but my demeanor softened as I saw her eyes watered as tears started to fall.

"Don't leave please." She pleaded. "I'm sorry I acted that way. I just thought that you were taking advantage of everything. Mostly everyone around me does." Hearing her voice quivered, I reached out to pull her closer to me and soothed her back to comfort her.

It took me awhile before saying. "I am not leaving Jisoo. I just sent an excused letter to Lisa that I would be absent for awhile as I need some space.

"She said you submitted your resignation. And I was saddened by it knowing I caused you to make such decisions." She bowed her head as she wiped her tears. "I felt it too Rose. I was just scared that you'll use that advantage against me."

"You say that as if it is a traumatic experience to love." I saw her stiffened. I pinched myself for my insensitivity. I held her hands and asked. "Were you?"

Then a sob escaped her mouth. "Yes. I was." She looked at me, shame evident in her eyes. Knowing this would be a long one, I led her to sit down. "Do you mind to tell me what had happened?" She shook her head saying she doesn't.

Jisoo

Knowing it was time to tell her everything. I began.

It was when I was new in the company. There was a person who treated me with care and importance. He made me feel complete. I thought we had something there. Budding feelings to describe it.

After a couple of months later, I saw a woman walked through the company with a little boy carried in her arms. She knocked on the editor's office and when the man opened it, he embraced the woman and kissed the childs temple.

By then I only knew one person besides him, and it was Seulgi. I asked her who the woman was and the child. She explained to me that they are Mr. Lee's family.

To say I was shocked thwt he was taken, the man looked young and the word bachelor screamed around him.

After that, I avoided his motives and made everything cordial as possible. But there was one morning when I arrived first amongst the others, I did not know he was already there. I was in the pantry making breakfast for myself as I had not eaten. I was shocked when I heard the door locked and it was him. He advanced towards me asking why I was evasive. I answered him with disgust that he was already taken and had a child for godsake so he better fix himself up rather than destroying his family.

He merely laughed at it. And tried forcing himself onto me. Saying his personal life has no hold on him and that he had been wanting to taste me for so long. I was hopeless as he held me, my strength was no match to his.

With all force I kicked his shin, escaped his grasp and ran out of the pantry. He was supposed to go after me but many employees started to arrive.

From then on, I never went to work early but did not tell to anyone what had happened. That was what I thought but Seulgi knew she just had arrived when she heard the clattering in the pantry. I begged her not to tell a soul and thankfully she didn't.

Eversince then, Mr. Lee had hated me. But he could not do anything to me as I did my job well until a family emergency had occured that I failed to focus on my job. By then, he shouted and humiliated me in front of everyone. And when you came I thought you were just a pawn that he would used against me.

After explaining thoroughly, I looked at Rose. Her eyes had watered and almost immediately she engulf me in a hug.

By then I knew, this person was different.