14

Rose

Surprised. That was what I thought when she came and thanked me yesterday. Not only that, she even suggested that we should stop addressing each other with formalities.

Ding!

I was brought out of my thinking as the elevator chimed indicating that I have reached my floor. Shaking my head, I went out the lift and proceeded to the conference room.

Opening the door, I was confident that I would still be the first one to arrive but when a person suddenly spoke I yelped.

"Ain't that a cute smile chipmunk." Lisa jested with a michievious tone in her voice. I glared her way before speaking "It seems you decided to be early."

She chuckled. "Well you beat me up yesterday. It won't be nice to see that the boss arrive last, would it?" I giggled at my friend's silliness.

"I now doubt myself if I did a great job to be your friend Manoban, your way of thinking is likely different than mine."

"Isn't that the reason why we click well?" She asked jokingly. "Kidding aside don't divert the topic here. Kindly explain why Park Chaeyoung suddenly arrived here with all smiles plastered on her face?"

"It's nothing Lisa."

"Is it about someone that we both know about?" She asked while teasingly raising her brows. However, before I could counter back a reply at her the conference room's door suddenly open. The girls werre arriving one by one. I sighed knowing I dodged a confession for today.

But as I leveled my sight, Lisa sent me a look saying she won't let this talk pass. She then directed her attention to everyone.

"Good morning everyone! Yesterday's result were satisfactory. I must say the pair who gathered the highest result was a surprise. However, that result is only partial. There are six more days before we shuffle for a new pairing." She signalled her secretary regarding about something. Then the assistant gave us our respective documents.

"As you can see, for today's task, you are all assigned to one event which is the Met Gala. Every artist will be there as well as their atheletic dates. The challenge is that each pair is assigned to a specific couple. And these couples assigned to you are the ones who rarely answer controversial question. So the goal is to make them answer them. You may ask them anything really so long as it is not that offensive." She then looked at the clock. "It is currently 8:30 in the morning you guys still have time as the Gala is at 6 pm. So do your research and get some answers. The results for this task will be determined by the number of couples you had lured to answer. You are given a max of ten couples each. Best of luck!" After she had said that she stood up and made her way out.

"Rose." I glanced at the person who called. It was Jisoo.

"Hey... uhmmm... do you mind if we brainstorm together and maybe dress up for the event as well?" She became kinder these days. "Yeah sure. Are we gonna do it on your place or mine?"

"Mine."

"Okay just send me your address, I'll go there as soon as I picked a dress to wear."

"Okay. See yah." As she left, I sighed knowing that it was gonna be a long day.