Chapter 8

(Your POV)

____________

Beep. Beep. Beep. You woke to the faint and steady beeping of a machine. The smell of antiseptic filled your nose. You see you are in a hospital bed with IV tubes connected to your body. You felt something resting by your right arm. You look over and see the big ponytail of Yaoyorozu.

You slowly sat up trying not to wake her. Holding your head, you slightly groaned your head still being in a daze. Guess your groan woke her up. Yaoyorozu looked up from her resting position to see what the noise was all about. Her eyes met with yours.
"(L/n)! Your awake!" She said in relief. She proceeded to leap into your arms and hug you tightly. You simply returned the embrace. She started sobbing with her head in your shoulder. You slowly ran your hand through her hair trying to calm her down. Her hair was quite soft.

She finally stopped crying after a good 10 minutes. Her eyes were red and puffy from all that crying. She kept apologizing about what happened at USJ. You tried to tell her it wasn't her fault but she kept apologizing. You finally got a chance to cut her off.
"Yaoyorozu." You said, cutting her off. "It's not your fault."
"But-but you got hurt because of me (L/n)!"
"But you were saved. That punch I took was powerful enough to kill someone. I saved someone. Isn't that what heroes are supposed to do? So now stop putting all the blame and guilt on yourself okay?"
"O-okay"

She returned to her seat beside your bed. You were moving around to see if there was any extra damage to your body. Yaoyorozu was looking at you the whole time. Her cheeks were quite red. Her mouth was opening and closing occasionally as if she was trying to say something but was too nervous to. She finally said something.
"U-um (L/n)?"
"Yes, Yaoyorozu?"
"C-can y-you called me Momo from now on?" She stammered out.
"Sure Momo."
Her face went to that of a tomato. You thought that was pretty cute.
"In turn, you can call me (Y/n)."
"O-okay (Y-y/n)." She said quite nervously.
You started up a conversation about school. She said that Aizawa came back covered and bandages, and he announced that the sports festival is coming up. The teachers instructed her to bring you your homework after class every day. You asked for her help with stuff you didn't know. Momo seemed quite happy that you were asking for her help.

It was sunset. It was a beautiful sight to see. A big window by your bed made things even better. Momo had to go so you bid her a nice goodbye. You know that you were getting discharged in 2 days so that leaves you with more than a week to train for the sports festival. Sighing, you laid yourself back in bed, enjoying day since Momo cane to visit you. You fell into a peaceful sleep that night.

A/N Thank you for 100 reads! It was only a few days ago when this book hit 50 reads. The growth of this book is surprising. I am very thankful for the reads! sorry is this chapter is a bit shorter.