Chapter 15

(Your POV)
___________
With your match drawing ever closer, you were growing a bit restless. You were even slightly nervous since the mock battle you guys had before the Sports Festival. Since you had all this pent up energy, you went to take a walking to release all the excess energy

But someone followed you. You jumped when a sweet voice rang out behind you.
"(Y/n)? What's wrong?"
You quickly turned around to see the cute face of Momo looking at you.
"O-oh uh hey Momo." You said in a bit of shock.
"What are you doing out here?" She
questioned.
"Well I was a bit restless before my match so I took a walk."
"Ahhh I see. Can I join you?"
"Sure."

So you took a walk near the entrance to the stadium. Talking about some tactics you could use against Shoto. But with your match drawing closer, you both made your way back to the stadium.

With the match Bakugo vs Kirishima going on, you sat down and watched the match to somewhat clear your mind. Kirishima seemed to be breaking under the ferocious barrage of explosions from Bakugo.

But with one final explosion, Kirishima was knocked out. Bakugo was declared winner my Midnight. But with the quarter finals over, now it's time for the semifinals. You said goodbye to Momo and made your way to the arena.

Knowing that Shoto with use his flames, this fight will definitely not be an easy one. Your plan was to get close, and try to knock him out. It was imperative that you do this quickly. Shoto most likely has the flames of Endeavor so his flames aren't something to scoff at.

But with the battle commencing, Shoto launched an ice attack right at you. You dodged it. Shoto then launched a second ice attack, and you dodged. Then you realized that Shoto trapped you in with his ice.

In such a confined space, it was really easy for you to be blasted by Shoto's flames. You had to break out somehow. After considering all your options, you had to go over the icy walls.

You made some stairs over the ice walls and ran up them. Shoto attempted to stop you by sending flames your way. You had to summon a second aegis to block the flames.

Once you were over the wall, you summoned a illusion to mask yourself, while also summoning a second one to act as your double. Shoto knows how this trick works. But what he did to counter it was surprising.

He managed to make multiple icicles and launch them. He started sending everywhere. You had to dodge them or use an aegis to cover you. Using an aegis will give away your position which is unfavorable so your only option is to dodge.

You had to do some rolls to dodge some of the icicles coming your way. Shoto must have heard one of your rolls. He started furiously launching icicles at your direction, some of them getting close enough for you to feel the coldness of the icicles on your skin.

You were eventually overwhelmed by the amount of icicles coming your way. You had to put up an aegis to stop the icicles. With your position known, there was no need to keep up your illusions.

Shoto was obviously trying to keep you away. But with limited options, you charged right in with an aegis in front of you. Shoto tried to stop you by sending a thick wall of ice your way. You easily dodged it without losing too much momentum.

But now with you coming ever closer, Shoto ignited his flames. He was hoping that his flames would cause you to slow down a bit but you didn't. You know that your aegis offers very little thermal protection so you can't stay too close to Shoto for a prolonged period of time.

You jumped for a kick aimed at Shoto. He easily side stepped it and retaliated with an ice covered fist in your side. It was a painful hit to say the least. You stumbled round for a brief moment before recovering.

Shoto, seeing you stumble, took the chance and ran right towards you. He was going to fight with his ice covered fist. You deflected the punch and gave one to his stomach. Not letting up, you aimed a kick right at his ribs. Both hits connected.

With Shoto stunned, you had the chance to end this fight. You kept going for punches and kicks, leaving Shoto barely any time to retaliate. Shoto was slowly being pushed closer to the boundary line. But Shoto kept fighting. As an attempt to stop you, he flared his flames and blasted some at you.

You had to back off a bit to reduce the heat. With the flames burning bright, the surrounding area seemed to be getting slightly darker. You seamlessly replaced yourself with an illusion under the darkness.

Shoto, not knowing that it's an illusion, sent ice at your illusion. With his attention distracted, you were finally able to get close to Shoto to knock him out. But Shoto must have heard you coming closer to you. He summoned a tiny icicle but sent it out extremely fast. You couldn't dodge it in time but it only gave you a shallow cut on your face.

You grabbed Shoto by the shirt and rammed your knee into his gut. He backed up, seemingly dazed from what just happened. Not wasting the opportunity, you went for a kick to his chest. Shoto was pushed back a bit, moving ever so closer the the boundary line. He was just one kick away from going out of bounds.

But Shoto won't go down without a fight. He summoned a ice wall behind him to limit your options. With you getting closer, he burned his flames even hotter than before. You knew that you had to end this quickly before you had to back off.

With Shoto in striking range, you went for a hard punch at his head. The punch connected with a crunch. His head whipped back and hit his ice wall with a crack. You backed off thinking that you knocked him out.

But you couldn't move back. You were stuck in place, unable to move. It couldn't possibly be your illusion quirk. It takes much more useable before you get temporarily paralyzed. That was when you feel coldness around your lower body. You look down and see it is covered in ice.

Shoto slowly stood up, with a hand on his head. You desperately tried to break the ice. But with your hands and arms frozen, it was almost impossible to do. Since you couldn't break out of the ice, you were counted as immobilized and lost.

After being thawed by Shoto, you dejectedly made your way back to the stands. But with your loss, you thought you had to against Tokoyami to see who was 3rd you soon you'll find out that was never the case