Chapter 22

(Your POV)
_____________
News of your hostage rescue had spread around the school. Your classmates were in awe that you were allowed to be in such a situation, and were jealous that your internship was so eventful. Some enjoyed there internship, some complained how boring it was.

But soon, Mr. Aizawa walked in and the class fell silent.
"Now as all of you should know, the finals are coming up at the end of the week. It will not only contain a written section, but a practical one as well." He stated. "So don't forget to train your body too. As you many have noticed, there is a lot of construction going on outside. Those will be open by next week.

"Now I'm many of you are curious about what it is. But, as long as one of you, anyone of you fails any part of the test, the whole class shall receive a punishment. That will be all for this period." He then left the classroom.

The whole class was scared to say the least. No one wanted to fail, knowing that they could drag the class down. Kaminari and Mina were freaking out, them scoring the lowest in the midterms. Momo offered to tutor them, and they agreed, happy that then they most likely won't fail this time.

You were devising a rough timetable for the upcoming week. When to study, when to do some physical stuff etc. You put more time into studying this time compared to last time. The rest of the school day went by without any interesting thing happening. 

But, some big came once you got home. Your Mom was planning to reopen her hero agency again, hoping to reopen her agency by the end of the week. This was great news! It was good to see your mom getting back into the heroes business.

But in a flash, the week was over. Exams were upon you guys. Yesterday was the written portion of your exams. Today was the last part of the exams, the practical part. Well, a big surprise was in for the whole class.

Turns out, the class was up against the teachers for their practical exam. But to make things more fair, the teachers would wear weights to hinder their movements. The class was split into pairs to fight against one teacher. You ended up with Jiro, go up against Present Mic.

The whole class was got on a bus to be transported to the training area where the tests will be held. We had half an hour to either cuff the teacher or one of your team members walks through the exit. Completing one of the objectives will count as a pass for the whole team.

The first to go was Kirishima and Sato against Cementoss. The rest was just those 2 smashing wall after wall, after wall. Eventually, the two ran out of steam and collapsed, ending the test and both failing.

The next ones up were Shoto and Momo. You were confident in their abilities to defeat your homeroom teacher. They had their problems but they eventually restrained Mr. Aizawa and cuffed him, passing the test.

It was now your group's turn for the exam. It was a forest in a forest, with fences marking the boundaries. It was really big too. Though shortly after entering, the test begun.

The two of you started running down a path that went through the forest. Everything was quiet, just footsteps were all you can hear. Suddenly a loud YEAH! rang though the entire forest, stopping the two of you.

Covering your ears didn't really help. The sound was so loud it was unbearable and you couldn't do anything to stop it. The loud yell was slowly fading, leaving ringing in your ears. You continued running forwards, with Jiro slightly behind.

But another shout stopped you guys. It was annoying, getting blasted by sound so frequently. Your eardrums felt like they were about to burst every time the loud shouts comes ringing through the forest.

Once the sound died down, you and Jiro continued forward. But after moving forwards a few steps, another shout rang through the forest again. This time however, the loud shout was only audible for a few brief moments before suddenly going quiet again.

Looking back, you could see Jiro retracting one of her jacks. You guess that Jiro did something that canceled out the sound, which you were very grateful for.
"Hey Jiro! How many times can you do that again?" You asked.
"I'm not sure, but definitely not a lot more!"
"Can you do it again but instead of canceling the sound out entirely, just make more bearable?"
"I can try!"

Breathing a sigh of relief, you had a makeshift plan about doing something against the shouts. When the next shout came along, the sound was lowered to around the sound of someone talking, which was much more bearable that extremely loud shouts.

After running for a minute or so, you could feel the sound getting more and more intense. Jiro was having difficulty trying to maintain the sound level to something more bearable. Knowing you guys are getting close to Present Mic now, you had your hopes up for defeating him.

Soon, you two saw the familiar hair style that belongs to Present Mic. He was standing there, in front of the exit, looking bored while waiting. With no plan take on Present Mic, it was best to to engage him right now.

You hid behind a tree. Jiro followed you. Your team plans was to sneak past Present Mic and pass the exit, for the safest plan. Jiro didn't seem to mind the plan and went along with it. If you got caught somehow, Jiro would make the dash to exit with you keep Present Mic distracted.

Staying hidden in the trees, you got as close as you can to the exit without exposing yourself. Cloaking yourself under a illusion, you ran towards the exit. You stuck near the fence, trying to keep out of Present Mic's field of view. 

But an announcement came when you were halfway to the exit.
For L/n's group, escaping through the exit is not an option. You must cuff or incapacitate the teacher in order to pass the test.
Well, the test just got much harder. 

Returning to Jiro, you guys had to come up with a new plan to fight Present Mic.
"Jiro, do you have a plan to deal with Present Mic?" You asked.
"I don't. Do you?"
"Well I was thinking that you distract him, I will sneak up behind him and knock him down, and then we can cuff him."
"Let's go with that then."

With a plan in mind, you cloaked yourself once again, this time, sneaking behind Present Mic. Carefully uncloaking yourself behind Present Mic, you signaled to Jiro that you are in position.

She dashed out of the trees, sending a loud noise at Present Mic. Present Mic quickly responds by sending how sound wave, canceling out the sound. Seizing the chance, you kicked one of his legs, bringing him down to one knee.

With pushing him over easier now, you pushed him to the ground, Jiro was running towards you with the handcuffs in hand. Quickly cuffing Present Mic, the test was over with you and Jiro passing.

Most of the class passed, with a few failing the practical section. But with Mr. Aizawa's terms from before the test begun, the whole class was doomed to receive a punishment from Mr. Aizawa.

With the whole class boarding a bus back to school, the whole waiting with despair, for a unknown punishment ahead.

A/n I had a case of writer's block while writing this so it took a lot longer. I've been playing too much Arknights recently so I hope I don't get too distracted though (lol)