Chapter 17

(Your POV)
____________
"Mom...?"

The figure in the kitchen turned around. There stood a person you haven't seen for about a year. Her beautiful face, vibrant emerald eyes and dark silky hair. It was your Mom, in
person, standing in front you.
"Oh hello (Y/n)! How was the Sports Festival?" She said while a bright smile on her face.
Your mind still didn't fully comprehend what was going on.
"(Y/n)? Helloo...?"
Your mom lightly tapped on your shoulder. That pulled you out of your thoughts.
"Uh yeah Mom?"
"Are you ok? You were spacing out." She asked, with a time of worry in her voice.
"Yeah I'm fine Mom." You replied.
"Well anyway, dinner is almost ready."

While your mom was cooking dinner, you went back to your room. You still couldn't believe it. Your mom is back, living with you again. But there was still one doubt in your mind. What if she is not yet fully recovered but was granted permission to see her son for a little bit? Knowing that dwelling on that thought won't help things, you shook your head to clear your thoughts before it was dinner.

Dinner was a lovely affair that night. While you were in your room, your mom made a elaborate dinner with a steaming bowls of rice. You haven't had someone to eat dinner with for a long time. Your mom caught up with what happened when she was in the hospital.

After a very enjoyable dinner, you were getting tired from all the events today. A nice hot shower was good compliment to a comfy bed. You fell asleep that night with a small smile on your face, knowing that you won't be living alone for a while now.

You the next morning with a clear mind. The house was still quiet. You checked your watch. 5:50 am. After a few attempts to fall asleep again, you got out of bed. It was an overcast sky today with a high chance of rain. After prepping everything for school, you took an umbrella and prepared to head out.

You decided to check the mailbox before heading out. There the monthly bills, the usual. But an rather elaborate looking letter caught your eye. It was addressed to your mom by the very famous support company, Supporter. Your parents had their costumes made by them. They were famous for making top quality stuff while keeping affordable.

After setting the letters back home, you departed for school. The soft noise of the rain was soothing. It was like a melody, playing in your ears all the time. But unfortunately, that blissful time came to an end when your reached the busy and loud school.

Class started with a tired looking Aizawa coming in. He said that we will be having a special hero informatics class. You were hoping that it wasn't a quiz or a test. A sigh a relief came out when he said Code Names.

Midnight suddenly opened the classroom door. She will be helping us choose our code names. Whiteboards and markers were being passed around. Coming up with a name was harder then you thought.

You settled with a simple one, Shadow. Never having a moment seen and always protecting. The whole class had to present all their names. After all of that, we were to take a one week long internship at a hero agency.

Aizawa showed us who got the most offers on the board. You came in second, just over 4000. Shoto was ahead you by a few hundred, and Bakugo was behind you by around 500. We are to hand in which agency we go to in 2 days at the latest.

It was lunchtime. You were looking down your list of offers. There were plenty of people who wanted. After a few more minutes of searching, you found Gunhead's agency. He was your first choice since you guys have worked together before.

"Hey (Y/n)?"
"Yeah Momo?"
"Do you have agencies you recommend?"
"Well seeing that you hand to hand combat is not the best, I recommend Gunhead's."
She wrote it down and thanked you. The rest of the school day was quite boring. Nothing eventful until you got home that evening.

When you got home, your mom called you over while holding that elaborate letter you saw this morning. She gave it to you, telling you to read it.

"Dear (M/n),
Hearing your release from the hospital is great news! You came back just in time for our company 20 year anniversary. We will be have a bouquet and a dance this coming Sunday."

You didn't pay that much attention to the rest of the letter.
"Well Mom, do you plan on going to the event?" You asked.
"It seems interesting so I plan on going!" She exclaimed. "You are invited too!"
"Huh. Sure I'll go."

A/n Thank you all for 2k+ reads! Sorry for the boring hero name and the terrible company name as well. Couldn't think of anything good at the moment I hope you understand. I might change them later on but not guaranteed. Anyway I hope you guys have a good day!