Chapter 14

(Your POV)
___________
With that intense last battle over, you left your seat to prepare for your next match. After arriving by the entrance, you sat down while watching they clear the arena from all the debris that was from the last battle.

With some time to spare, you started to think about some tactics to go against Iida. You knew his most powerful ability was his Recipro Burst. The only downside was it's short time.

So your best bet was to get him to trigger his Recipro Burst early so you have a time window to pin him down. Another way to defeat him was to maybe scare him with your illusions.

You wanted to try out your power to cast large scale illusions on someone. But if you won, your going against Shoto. He isn't the easiest guy to defeat. You can save that attempt for a later time.

You finalized your strategy against Iida. Try to get him to active his Recipro Burst as early as possible. Don't get hit by the Recipro Burst. Then improvise from there. With the arena finally repaired, the matchups resumed. Now for your match up against Iida.

You decided attack first. You charged in head on. Once you got close, A gust of wind swished past you. Iida was gone from your view. The the sound of an engine was behind you.

You turned around just to see a foot flying towards your face. There was barely enough time for you to cross your arms and cover your face with an aegis before the foot connected with your face.

The impact was jarring to say the least. The kick was powerful to push you back a few feet. You lowered your arms to see the damage it had your aegis. There was a sizable dent in it before your dispelled it.

Now with Iida's Recipro Burst over, you can finally continue with the plan. You masked yourself with an illusion and charged in.

Iida was turning his head frantically, looking for clues on where you went. Since that you can walk silently, you walked your way towards Iida. But with Iida turning frantically, it was hard for you to sneak behind him with being hit.

So you decided to lightly stomp the ground. Not super loud, but loud enough for Iida to divert his attention. With his full attention diverted by the sound, you can sneak in and take him down.

Due to you not knowing Iida's physical capability, you kicked him in the back for a higher chance of knocking him off his feet. It was successful. Iida reacted quickly and stoppped himself from face planting the ground.

You swiftly kicked his arms from under him and put them behind his back. You lifted one of his arms up and put your knee at the shoulder joint. With Iida immobilized on the ground, you were declared winner. You got up, dispelled the illusion and pulled Iida back on his feet.

But with that, your next match was going against Shoto. It will definitely be a interesting and intense one.

You went back to your seat in the stands. Once you sat down, Momo congratulated you.
"Congratulations (Y/n)!" She beamed.
"Thanks Momo."
She was curious on how you defeated Iida. She asked a lot of questions, like where did I learns martial arts, how I use my quirks etc.

You guys chatted for quite the while after that. Her voice always as has this soothing effect in you. It was something perfect for winding down. But with the upcoming battle, you were a little jittery. The anticipation of your next match was a bit overwhelming.