Chapter 24

(Your POV)
_____________
Standing in front of a open window, a cold breeze swept by, bring you out of your mind. News of your father's death shocked you and your mom.

Upon hearing the news, your mom burst into tears. She was crying, knowing that last night was the last time she will see her husband again.

You just felt empty. Your dad was gone, gone forever and the memories are all that's left. You couldn't cry. You wanted to cry, but just couldn't. You were like an empty shell, no feelings left.

The next day, you didn't feel like doing anything. You just stayed in your room still feeling like an empty shell. Shoto texted you, but you ignored those texts, not wanting to do anything.

Looking outside, there was a snowstorm raging on, leaving houses across the street barely visible. Putting on a coat, you went outside. It was cold, and the wind was howling. A tear slowly leaked out of your eye and rolled down your face. You could the cold winds of winter chilling that single tear, making it feel like ice.

More and more tears leaked out. You finally broke down. Crying silently, you looked up into the sky, hoping to stop your tears. But soon silent crying turned into sobbing.

You sank into a corner, brought your knees up to you face and curled into a ball. Silent cries slowly became loud sobs. Your cries were all drowned out by the howling of the wind. Soon, the tears stopped and you went still, tried from all that crying.

Walking back into the house, you dusted all the snow off and collapsed onto your bed. Closing your eyes, you fell into a dreamless sleep.

Opening you eyes again, you found yourself in the U. A student dorms. Checking the time, it was still early in the morning. Getting up, you went to the common room, not in the mood to sleep. There was already people up, which surprised you. But Shoto caught your attention.

He was standing by the kitchen counter, looking very irritated about something. You went to find out what was going on.
"Shoto, what's wrong?" You asked with worry
"Nothing. It just that my stupid old man is making me meet girls over winter break to help decide on my future marriage partner." He said, looking slightly less irritated.
You felt bad Shoto, having deal with his father's stupid antics. Most you can do is wish him luck and hold through these tough weeks.

But because of Shoto's crazy dad, he had his first meeting in an hour. You said goodbye as he left the dorms to get ready. Standing alone, you just stared out a window, watching the sun slowly rising in the distance. You could hear some movement from above you, presumably your classmates getting up for the day.

Pulling out your phone, you scrolled through the news. The headlines was full of the same story, about a new group of villains on the loose, who called themselves the Dark Knights. Characterized by their unique armor, resembling a knight from the Middle Ages. They had an archer among their ranks as well.

They had already committed several robberies and killed innocent civilians and hero's that tried to stop them from doing there evil goals. They were some dangerous villains. You just hoped that this winter break would pass by in peace, with them getting dealt with and nothing major happening.

The elevator dinged. You heard your classmates chatting as they walked towards the common room. Kirishima and Mina were the first ones you saw. They were chatting away happily, before sitting down in the couch. Bored, you watched them do their thing.

Once they sat down, they turned in the tv, scrolling through channels until they stopped on a channel dedicated for wildness survival tips. They moved closer to each other until their shoulders were touching. Mina rest her head against Kirishima's right shoulder.

You now were getting interested. It seems as though Kirishima and Mina became a couple for sometime now, without anyone ever noticing anything. Continuing to watch, they didn't do very much. An occasional wow! could be heard. That was until Mina took a quick peck on Kirishima's cheek.

Kirishima look embarrassed about what happened. But that soon faded as thy went back to come cuddling with each other. The elevator chimes, signaling people are coming. Kirishima and Mina quickly jump apart, as not to raise any suspicion.

Momo walked into the common room. She greeted you happily. Oddly enough, this made you happy for some reason. You heart started to pump just a little bit faster than usual. This was happening for the past few weeks now. From what've you heard, these were the symptoms of love.

Upon hearing that warm greeting, you heard noise coming from the couch. Looking over, you see Kirishima and Mina standing there looking at you, with shock evident on their faces.
"(L-l/n), how long have you been here for?"
"Well I was here before you guys." You said, seeing no reason to lie.
"T-th-then did you see?" Kirishima asked nervously, with a slightly red face. You simply nodded. "Then, can you please keep it a secret? I can help with a favor in return."
"Then Mina, promise me, if we ever play truth or dare, don't make me do something stupid."
"That's incredibly specific (l/n). Is there a reason for that?" Mina questioned. You shook your head.
"I feel like you are one of the more mischievous girls. Every time I play truth or dare, they are always merciless, and I don't want to be on the receiving end of that."

They seem satisfied with you answer, the four of you decided to not speak of the conversation ever again. Momo was confused on what was going on but agreed to not speak about it regardless.
"(Y/n), are you doing anything today?" Momo asked.
"No, what about you?"
"Th-then would you mind training with me today? I want to do something productive this winter break so I thought training would be a good place to start with."
"Sure." You promptly responded. It had been a while since you last do some physical training. "So, where do you wanna train?"
"Well, there isn't anywhere we could train in my house so it's your house house or we could find somewhere else?"
"Then let's go to my house then."