Chapter Twelve

Liam's P.O.V.

I argued with her the whole way here. She had been on my case about who was going to be with us at lunch. I planned on not telling her but when I carelessly left my phone on the sofa to use the loo, I received a text from Niall inviting me over to lunch with my whole circle of friends; which of course included Carter and Leah. She hurriedly made her way to the back of the restaurant shooing away the poor waiter who was just doing his job. She plopped her bag down on the table very loudly catching everyone's attention. She seated herself in front of Leah and Carter who was to her left. Without a simple hello she placed her order and waits quietly as I try to break the silence and greet everyone. Their mood seemed to shift and I could tell that everyone was uncomfortable. Niall and Ali broke the silence as they spoke about something embarrassing that had occurred to them yesterday. I couldn't help but observe Leah. Her white shirt complemented her brown chocolate colored skin, her beautiful curls that had frizzed up a bit still looked impeccable. God why the fuck am I thinking about her like this when my mad girlfriend is sitting next to me? Good thing she didn't catch me staring or I would of had my balls chopped off in front of all my friends. I can only imagine their horrified facial expressions. I suddenly drifted from my thoughts as I noticed Niall was still talking.

"Can you believe m'dad almost caught us having sex in my old bedroom!" He screamed as Ali held a horrified expression. Leah suddenly choked on her water as she began to cough and smile. Tears started to form due to her coughing. I've never heard her laugh, it was beautiful and a part of me who she's she would laugh more often.

"Are you alright Leah?" Niall questions. "It's only sex love don't get so flustered." He laughs as the whole group joins him. Her cheeks begin to flush as she looks down at her plate and right back at me, only to catch me staring right back at her.

Embarrassed by her boyfriend's detailed story of having sex in his childhood room, Ali is quick to change the subject. But before she could even begin to speak we were interrupted by a tall, lanky guy. His long brown hair and green eyes seemed to captivate everyone's attention. He looked familiar but I couldn't figure out where I have encountered him.

"Harry!" Carter greeted him as she hugged him and seated him next to Leah. He gave her a quick wink and flashed his pretty boy smile causing her to blush. His flirty gesture welcomes a unknown feeling.

"Guys this is Harry, my friend the bartender remember Liam?" What?That's the fucking asshole who had served our drinks the night that I broke up with Spencer?

"Um yeah." I try to convince her that I'm not irritated. I think she noticed but blows it off because her special Harry is here sitting next to Leah.

After spending a whole twenty minutes of everyone asking Harry questions and getting to know him, everyone seems to silently have their own conversations, making the room sound like a small party in which you can't help but try to listen intently on what everyone is speaking about. Harry and Leah seemed to be getting along too well, they keep fucking smiling and making jokes. He smoothly leans into her more as they laugh together. God he fucking irritates me. I can't help but observe them. A kiss is placed behind my ear as Spencer begins to place her hand on my thigh.

"What are you doing?" I say as she purposely places brings her hand up closer to my member.

"Let's head home?" She whispers quietly. I know what she wants but I don't know if that's what I want to do with her at the moment. I'm not turned on by her actions. I glance around the table in hopes that no one has noticed what she's doing and a way that I can remove myself from this situation, but my eyes land back on Leah and she seems to be laughing at whatever the fuck this Harold prick has just said. I need a distraction. I hold Spencer's hand tightly and leave the money on the center of the table for our meals. I just hope my friends take notice of the money and pay for me.

Without saying goodbye I head to the car and try to forget about what has just occurred. The best way to calm myself is by spending time with my girlfriend, who I should care about more, but here I sit pissed over the fact that some stranger is having a decent conversation with Leah whom I barley know. I don't know what going on with me but I hate it. I hate having feelings for Leah because I'm really trying to stay loyal to Spencer and hope that nothing comes out of these stupid thoughts that keep coming into my head when I remember she exist.

Elysiumजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें