Chapter 12: Faction Games

FATE/LÚNASA FÓMHAR

"August Harvest"

Chapter 12: Faction Games

The following morning, all of Chaldea's Servants were gathered around at the beach. Gilgamesh had summoned them to announce what Connla had told him during the night. The reactions he garnered were rather mixed, but all agreed that they needed to prioritize finding the girls and making sure that the claims of a gigantic sea Phantasmal were true. If it was, then they had to think about defeating it so that it wouldn't cause any further damage to human history, especially since the Third Singularity had been a source of enough trouble for the mid-1500s.

"Good grief. What a vacation this is turning out to be," Emiya groaned. "If Aspidochelone really is as large as Connla says, I dread to think what would have happened had it attacked while we were helping Master correct the Third Singularity."

Cuchulainn Prototype winced, "Let's not go there, man. I already have enough chills in my spine worrying about the kids."

"So how should we go about with the search?" Boudica asked Gilgamesh.

He replied, "If the youngsters truly are within the bowels of a Phantasmal, then there must be a way to essentially 'fish' it back to the surface. Regardless of its size, one shot from Ea is all I needed to wipe it from the face of the Earth. Unfortunately, I simply cannot do that while it remains hidden beneath the ocean's depths."

"You seem rather motivated, considering that you never use your ultimate weapon unless Master gives you a command. Are you really that worried about the children?"

"Don't be absurd. The runt said that Aspidochelone is hoarding a fantastic amount of treasure. As a collector, I simply must see for myself if it is true or not."

"Hah hah!" Ozymandias chuckled. "Only kings of our caliber know how to turn a dire situation around so that it benefits us! Although these isles are a sight to behold, one can only enjoy them for so long before the senses are dulled to their splendor. Partaking in this investigation would be a suitable distraction from the constant threat of boredom, though with my plentiful luck, I fear I may find results faster than anticipated."

"Of course, I will be the one doing the actual work for my liege," Nitocris added with a broad smile.

"Then let us not waste time," Mata Hari said. "I have spoken with Da Vinci, and she is going to deliver some sailing vessels for us to explore the other islands. As such, we will have to divide our party into suitable groups. The trouble is, what exactly are we supposed to be searching for, and what do we do when we find it?"

Jing Ke then said, "I don't know if this will help much, but while I was hunting for game yesterday, I happened to spot some kind of statue out in the middle of the jungle. It was rather old and eroded from years of exposure to the elements. What bothered me was that it hardly matched with Okeanos' tropical culture. It seemed to be derived out of some European culture, though I couldn't really tell which one."

"Where exactly did you see it?" Nightingale asked.

"I would have to show you."

Gilgamesh declared, "Then you will guide me to this out-of-place artifact, assassin. I have no intentions of going with any of you mongrels, so my time will be best spent getting to know this island like the back of my hand. Besides, I am the only one who can make contact with the runt's party, and the signal seems to be strongest on this particular strip of land. The rest of you will commence the search for any clues about Aspidochelone. Do not make me waste my time waiting for results."