Chapter 16: Mysteries of the Idols

FATE/LÚNASA FÓMHAR

"August Harvest"

Chapter 16: Mysteries of the Idols

In the Chaldean Servants' cottage, the group congregated in front of a large holographic monitor that had two different displays – one was of Okeanos' map, while the other projected Da Vinci as she analyzed the information she was given.

"Hi!" the inventor beamed. "Gilgamesh has already gotten me up to speed, so let's get straight to the heart of the matter, shall we? Acting Director Archaman has tasked us with resolving an incident that could potentially manifest into a Singularity, which can then further damage to the foundation of human history since the World is still recovering from the Third Singularity. For simplicity's sake, we will dub this the Fomorian Singularity, since that is the enemy we are dealing with this time.

"All of you have been tracking down the Fomorian idols scattered across the islands, yet I am told that there are potentially more lurking out there. I suppose you don't need me to tell you what to do next. In order to facilitate the process though, the teams will be provided with detailed maps showing where the remaining statues are, as well as the mana threads they are producing. Now that the simple part is out of the way, the real headaches will come once Aspidochelone is forced back to the surface. It is too deep underwater for us to perform a thorough analysis at this time, but based on the exorbitant amounts of mana being provided, I'd wager it's about the size of Okeanos' three largest islands combined."

"Meaning, how are we supposed to fight against something like that?" Emiya wondered.

"Right. If we're not careful, we could be allowing the Phantasmal to run rampant. Being contained to Okeanos is fine, but if it were to reach the rest of the world, the damage it causes would be enough to destroy human history for the next 450 years, and that would only serve the King of Mages' ambitions."

"Then we just barge in and beat up the mastermind!" Kintoki exclaimed.

"How would you go about finding our culprit inside such a gigantic creature?" Boudica wondered. "While we're busy searching, Aspidochelone could potentially wreck entire countries."

"Ugh..."

"She's right," Mata Hari frowned. "Speed is of the essence here. There has to be something we could do to at least paralyze the monster so it can't go anywhere. After all, a stationary enemy is easier to defeat than a rampant one."

Da Vinci raised her eyebrows, then murmured to herself, "Paralyze, hm? Perhaps if we do this... and then..."

Gilgamesh glared at her. "What is it, woman? Do not leave your audience in suspense."

"It's just an idea I have. I believe all the tools are already in place, so all that's needed is a coordinated plan."

"How fascinating. As I have no interest in laying eyes upon those hideous Fomorian statues any further, it is imperative that you and I discuss what this epiphany of yours is while the other mongrels are busy with their investigations."

"Sounds good. For it to work though, I'm going to need your help with contacting the child Servants inside Aspidochelone. Having them cripple it from within will inevitably be a massive boon to our strategy."

"So a two-pronged assault from the outside and the inside, hm? Very well. Once we figure out what to do, I will relay those orders to the runt."

Emiya sighed and muttered, "Guess it's back to the hunt. Well, I can't say whether it's fortunate or not that the kids were devoured. If they hadn't, fighting that thing would have been much harder for us."