Chapter 26: Sunshine and Warmth

FATE/LÚNASA FÓMHAR

"August Harvest"

Chapter 26: Sunshine and Warmth

Slowly but surely, Gilgamesh extracted the conical 'wand'-like sword from the portal until he wielded it properly. It wasn't technically right to call it a 'sword' since it was created long before the concept of swords and blades in general existed.

"Normally I would not utilize one of my greatest treasures to destroy an insignificant creature such as yourself, Demonic Shield Turtle," he declared coldly. "However, your shell contains the power of fruitless destruction, seeking to eliminate any and all creation in your wake, solely out of petty vengeance. I, who bear the primordial power to cleave the formless into Heaven and Earth, will not permit you to taint my lands and my people any further. If you seek to be Destruction incarnate, then I will rain the fires of Creation upon you without hesitation."

Ea's top and bottom segments rotated counterclockwise, while the middle section spun clockwise. Their spinning intensified, and a blazing hot wind spun around both him and the mythical weapon until they converged at the top as a singular blob of pure heat.

"Return to the silent depths where you belong! Enuma..."

He pointed Ea at Aspidochelone's head.

"ELISH!"

****

"Oh, this is bad, this is bad, this is bad!" Connla panicked, realizing how much trouble she was in.

She didn't have any time to waste being angry with Gilgamesh for using his Noble Phantasm without ensuring she escaped first. All she could do was dive off of the nerve vessel she stood on and surround herself in a sphere of roaring flames. She hit the bottom of Aspidochelone's skull and concentrated on increasing her magical output to increase the fire's strength. She soon burrowed into the thick flesh, trying to look for a way out.

After a minute of worming through the Phantasmal's neck, she discovered a particularly large injury along its carotid artery – the same one Cuchulainn Alter caused earlier. This made it significantly easier for her to break through without wasting too much energy. Then the familiar rush of cold water hit her skin, instantly extinguishing the fire surrounding her, and she tumbled through the ocean just moments before the King of Heroes used his strongest attack.

****

With a deafening cracking sound, Gilgamesh's weapon unleashed its stored-up power. A concentrated streak of raw destruction, burning bright red and white, tore through the air until it struck the Phantasmal. It happened so quickly that any semblance of pain never registered in its mind. Its head melted, and its skull fractured into thousands of pieces. Luckily, Gilgamesh didn't actually unleash Ea's full might upon the beast. Even he wouldn't be foolish enough to do that. He only utilized enough power to incinerate its head and neck, intent on eradicating its brain so it had no chance of ever moving again.

When the Noble Phantasm settled enough, everyone else could see that a giant gaping hole was left behind where Aspidochelone's cranium used to be. Cooked flesh smoldered, and a terrible acrid smell wafted everywhere. Of course, there was still a certain Servant who had been atop the monster's spine, and thus had to run for his life to avoid being caught in the conflagration.

"GOO-OO-OLDENNN!!" Sakata Kintoki cried out in total shock. The sudden force threw him clean off of Aspidochelone's shell, and he sailed in a wide arc before plummeting to the ocean below. Despite this, he couldn't resist quipping, "If I didn't have my sunglasses on, I would have gone blind!"