The Dark Lord

Draco stiffened at the sound of the Dark Lord's voice. Even though he could barely see he could feel the attention of the room shift away from him and to the commanding presence of the Dark Lord.

"What I don't agree with is why I was summoned when Harry Potter Is CLEARLY NOT HERE!" Voldemort yelled.

Draco winced and opened his one eye. For a moment he worried if he would be able to see anything out of it and then, slowly, the room came into focus. There was a red haze to the scene from the blood that had dripped into his eye. As he looked to the side his other eye shifted and he let out a cry of pain.

The whole room darkened filling with black clouds, rolling across the ceiling and crackling with energy.

Draco looked up to see Voldemort lash out. Blasts from his wand rang out across the room and Draco heard the shouts from everyone else. Everything was happening too fast for him to focus on the action he didn't want to risk trying to follow it and destroy the other eye before someone had a chance to pull the crystal out of his eye and cast several healing spells.

A solid blow hit Draco in the chest. It felt like he'd been hit with a battering ram and it sent him flying backwards.

His back slammed against the stone wall his head hitting with a resounding crack. For a moment Draco's axis of orientation tilted. The noise of the room seemed to fade out and he felt darkness creep into the edges of his mind.

Don't pass out, he told himself.

"Draco!" his mother's scream pulled him back away from the edge of unconsciousness he had been teetering on so precariously.

He turned towards her voice and heard her footsteps as she ran to him; heard them slip and a strangled sound.

Draco tried to open his eyes and the pain cut through the one, he moaned.

His arms felt heavy.

Too heavy, He could barely move.

"My Lord," Bellatrix voice came out reverent and pleading. "My Lord..."

Draco wished he could see what was going on.

"We only wish to serve you," said Bellatrix with a level of sincerity which could not be faked.

Draco took a few breaths and within a few seconds the strength returned to Draco's limbs as the threat of blacking out dissipated. Draco opened his left eye, which was mostly unscathed, cupping his hand over the other side of his face to prevent any extra movement. Every twitch of muscle caused the glass in his flesh to burrow deeper.

His aunt was kneeling, in front of Voldemort. She had a serene look on her face, like someone praying to a deity. Her reverence seemed to sooth the Dark Lord and he calmed down and caressed her skin like a lover.

Draco shuddered

"My faithful Bellatrix..." His hand went to her throat lifting her up off the ground by her neck-but with a gentleness that went against the inherent danger of the pose. "You summoned me for nothing." He tilted his head to the side. Bellatrix grasped his wrists, as if in prayer.

He was not strangling her, not really. There was no sound of choking and no kicking of her feet which dangled several inches off of the ground.

"I summoned you for Potter," she said more calm then Draco had heard her in a long while. "He was here w-"

"AND NOW HE IS NOT." the Dark Lord bellowed. Lightning cracked in the room shattering a statue next to Lucius who cowered back. Bellatrix waited one heartbeat, then two before speaking again.