An Unhappy Guest

"You're going to sleep here...with me."

What?!" Hermione stood shell shocked. Her face lost so much colour that Draco couldn't help but take a little offense.

"Not like that Granger. Get your mind out of the gutter," he recovered quickly hiding his hurt at her reaction behind a biting tone. "You're going to sleep here next to me so I can keep my eye on you," he retorted.

"You can't keep an eye on someone while you are sleeping! And I am NOT sleeping next to you," she argued.

Draco could see the colour returning to her face turning her cheeks pink. It made her look cute.

Too cute.

She was wearing his clothes and they looked so good on her...Too good on her.

His shirt was tight enough on her that it was making the pants HE was wearing feel tight. As for how she looked in his his pants... well, she hadn't turned around but he had a feeling that they fit her better around back quite well. He could see the material drawn tight around her hips-which were larger than his- while pooling around the ankles since she was so much shorter than him.

Merlin she looks sexy.

What the fuck Malfoy, this is Granger.

You're staring too long, you need to make her believe this is no big deal.

"Don't be a twat," he said unable to keep a little of the frustration out of his voice.

"Excuse me?" Her cheeks flamed. He could practically see the steam rising out of her ears.

Good, it's good to see her feisty and fighting. Better than seeing her sad and broken.

"You heard me. It's a king sized bed Granger," Draco continued. "Unless you are the queen of star-fishing, we can go the whole night without touching each other." He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow. "Unless you're worried, you'll lose control and be unable to resist me," he gave a wolfish grin.

"Never," the venom in her voice hurt more than he liked which spurned the next words

"Then you're safe," said Draco. "Because I wouldn't touch a m-" he cut himself off, but it was too late. The damage was already done. He could see in her eyes that she knew what he was going to call her. Her hand went to the scar on her arm and her eyes filled with tears which she refused to let fall. Guilt ate at the pit of his stomach.

You almost called her that name...

Its better this way, you can't let her know you care. Its better she hates you.

But I don't want her to hate me, the realization that he didn't want her to hate him hit Draco hard.

She's been here two days and already she's fucking with your head.

"I-" he started.

"Don't Malfoy," Granger cut him off.

He had never apologized to her for real, not for all the things that he had said and done. The words of the apology she deserved died on his tongue as she cut him off.

Don't be an idiot, you can't apologize to her.

"Fine," he straightened. "You still don't have a choice on where you lay your head tonight. You are stuck here with me whether you like it or not."

"Well I don't."

"You've made that abundantly clear," he said flatly.

A silence hung between them.