Tangled

Draco froze.

Hermione was in his bed pressed against him and he was uncomfortably hard.

By Merlin her ass feels like heaven.

In one second his mind took in every curve of her body: the warmth of her next to him, the softness of her skin, the delicate ridges of her rib-cage, the scent of her body-and how good it all felt.

Fucking hell...

No wonder the dream had felt so real: it had been drawing from reality.

"Granger?" her name sounded strange, his voice tight. Draco looked down at his hand which was tangled in his own and far too close to her breast to keep thoughts innocent. "Why are you holding my hand?"

"I don't know it happened while I was sleeping," she was blushing bright red. "Can you let me go now please?"

"What?" he blinked at her. He was having trouble thinking straight, still groggy from the dream and distracted by her amazing body curled in so close to his own.

Imagine sinking into her...

Fuck. Don't. Don't do that, don't think about that. His dick ached with the thought.

"You wouldn't let go..." she looked close to tears.

Look at what you've done now. Let her go dammit, that thought broke through and Draco's mind finally cleared.

"Shit..." Draco pulled back from her untangling their limbs and scooting backwards.

Granger jumped out of bed like a frog escaping a pot of boiling water.

She stood there in front of him... trembling.

"Granger I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." the apology tumbled out of his mouth before he could think better of it.

She looked so frail.

He wanted to reach out and comfort her.

The desire to comfort her as she had comforted him halted him in his tracks.

What the hell was she doing in my bed?

He frowned, eyebrows knitting together.

This did not make sense in the slightest.

"Why were you in my bed?" asked Draco.

"You were having a nightmare," Hermione looked on the verge of tears. "I was rubbing your back and then I fell asleep," the tears that had threatened began to fall.

You made her cry, again.

But why the hell was she in my bed? I just tortured her and her first thought was to comfort me while I had a nightmare?

She's too kind for her own good; you need to shut this down. Now.

But...I don't want to hurt her like this, this is different. She was being kind.

No one was kind to Draco. Some fawned, his mother doted, but no one was kind and here Hermione was again...being kind...even after what he had done. Even after forgetting the first time and being tortured in between. She was still being kind. It made his heart ache strangely in his chest.

She deserved better than him.

Draco closed his eyes knowing he had to protect by being cruel now. He didn't want to be which made it so hard to voice the next words. All he wanted to do was pull her back into his arms and tell her everything was going to be okay...he wanted her to tell him that things were okay. He wanted her kindness and her comfort. Instead he did what he needed to do in order to keep her strong...keep her safe.