Notes

3 days later.

"Come on!" Hermione muttered and tried for the third time to knock one of the books off of the shelf so she could have something to read.

The wire hanger she had unbent to use as a hook for pulling at books slipped from her fingers. She let out a cry of protest and dropped to the floor.

This is ridiculous!she thought angrily.

She hated the idea that she might scratch or damage a book in such a method but her desire to have SOMETHING (anything) to read or do had won over the desire to preserve Malfoy's books in perfect condition. She had decided that her sanity out ranked Draco's books, and she was going to go crazy if she didn't have something to read.

With a huff she stretched forward on her belly trying to get it back. Her middle finger nudged it further way.

"Goddamnit!" she let out a frustrated cry and rolled to her back giving up she stared at the ceiling.

It had been three days.

Three days since she had anyone to talk to.

Three days since the nightmare and her fight with Draco in the bathroom.

Three days since she had seen him anywhere except sleeping in bed.

Hermione rolled onto her side.

Is it because of what I said? she wondered as she stared up and the patterns above her. Did I make him that mad that he has been avoiding me since?

Or was it because of the silencio?

There were so many curses he could have used that would have hurt. He could have lashed out and used the crucio on her again...or any other spell that channeled his anger at her words. He had meant to silence her, not to hurt her she was sure of that from the look she had seen after.

She was still mad at him for the crucio.

She was still mad at him for holding her here as a prisoner.

Its not like he has apologized for any of it, she thought, and he's been avoiding me like the plague ever since.

Ha, she rolled her eyes, Malfoy apologizing, not a chance. He'd probably choke his own tongue if he tried.

Hermione let out a sigh and stretched turning her head to the side. Her eyes caught site of the paper waste basket beside his desk. It was simple and mesh, not nearly as elegant as the rest of the furniture in the room. Through the grating she could see crumpled pieces of paper.

Maybe there was information there about the death eaters; Addresses of hideouts, pieces of a plan. Instructions form the dark Lord.

Wouldn't it be nice if i could do something useful and helpful while here, she thought and went over to the basket. If she could save the day and help her friends then maybe she could tell herself that it was worthwhile being here and enduring what she had in order to help.

the basket contained only paper and yet she felt decidedly odd rummaging through the contents of a trash bin.

Still, she was bored beyond measure and it was something to do.

It also felt slightly dangerous and forbidden, which after three days of boredom was a welcome rush.

Hermione picked up the bin and took it over to her pallet was on the opposite side of his bed.

Draco's bed acted as a shield so that if he were to come in she would have a moment to shove everything away.

I can't believe I'm excited to rummage through someone else's papers, she thought feeling slightly bewildered at the reality of the situation.