Game night

Aliana's POV

"Are you excited?" Emilia asked me, getting ready for the little event.

She was wearing a pink strapless blouse with a dark blue denim jeans. Her hair was done in a waterfall braid and she had on light shades of makeup with light pink lipstick and a winged eye.

My outfit was a simple black sweatpants with a blue tank top that read LOVE in black and my hair was done in a messy knot with my natural amber streaks. I had on almost no makeup except for nude lipstick. I had no reason to dress up anyway.

"Yeah, I guess," I replied as I fixed up the place for our future guests.

"What do you mean?" Emilia paused from fixing up herself.

I took a deep breath, also pausing from what I was doing.

"I'm just... not sure if this whole 'game night' idea is gonna end well, you know?" I breathed out, releasing the air that filled my lungs.

" Relax sis," Emilia said. "Look, I'll try to make sure that you and Bruno don't end up lip locked," she continued, giggling.

"Ha ha," I said sarcastically. "Things are already awkward between us plus he might even bring Vanessa, which means even more tension. Just don't make things any more awkward Emilia."

"Ok, ok I won't," she said. "Did you get the drinks?"

"Yeah I did," I replied. "Do you think we should get out the Just Dance game?" I asked as I pulled out the Twister game.

She thought for a moment before nodding her head.

" Ok. I invited Brad by the way," I said.

" Oh, alright," she replied.

Ding Dong!

I immediately looked at my phone.

" Someone's early," I said walking to the door.

"Hey," Eric, Kam, Jam and Phredley said.

"Hey guys," I said to them, inviting them in and giving them all hugs. "Hey Emilia, some of the guys are here," I shouted to my sister.

"Oh, hey guys," she came and hugged them as well. "Hey baby," she said to Phredley with a kiss.

We all walked into the living room where we began to laugh and talk.

"You guys have  beer?"Eric asked, rummaging through our fridge.

" Yeah, and we ordered pizza in case you guys get hungry," I said.

Kam was about to say something when the doorbell rang again.

"Wonder who it is this time," I said as I opened the door.

I was immediately greeted with the delicious scent of Bruno's cologne and another pleasant smell that wasn't as pleasant as Bruno's.

"Hey Ali," Bruno said with a hint of nervousness in his voice

His mesmerizing voice...

Cut it out Aliana!

"Hi Aliana. Nice to see you again," Vanessa smiled widely, giving me a bone crushing hug.

I cringed as she hugged me, not knowing if she would've plunged a knife into my back or something.

"Um, hi?" I said unsurely, my body was tense against hers, not returning her hug.

I'm pretty sure she wanted to literally squeeze me to death.

"Don't be so frightened Ali, the past is in the past and I'm sorry for being such a b*tch to you," she pulled away and smiled. "I won't bite." She continued and walked inside.