Chap 1- The guardian and Inspector

A/N- Im struggling so much but I dont care- I love Hananene too much ★彡

/////

Yashiro's POV:

See, when I first signed up to be the Koi guardian, I didn't expect there to be weather cycles, especially lightning..

I was just sat there in the middle stone again, my wings shielding the pond as best as possible, rain trickling down my skin.

"Lady Nene! Lady Nene, mind paying attention?"
I heard a familiar voice speak, I look up to see Aoi, my friend since the start. I nodded shyly and she continued speaking,

"Annyyywayss, Nene, we have visitors! They're here to check up on our apparitions that work here, to make sure they don't riot of course~!"

She smiles. Wow I'm lucky for having such a pretty friend I thought to myself, but only for a second as i remembered Aoi was in front of me-

"Ah, yepyep- How long are they staying? And is someone staying in the pond garden quarters? I need to prepare a bed then-"

Aoi cut me off by hitting me on the head softly with her large, light purple wings. Mine wouldn't be useful in shielding since my wings were tiny and weak.

"Nene, calm down okay? The visitors are staying for a month, Go make the bed, okay? I'll look after the koi"

I nodded, getting up and hurrying off, grabbing the soft cloud mat and setting it up, along with pillows and a soft blanket. I placed a jug of crystal water and a few cups beside it and made my way back, to see Aoi speaking with a... Demon?

"A-Aoi?"
I stuttered, she turned and smiled, which made me feel slightly relieved and afterwards I turned to the boy and studied him for a second.

Short, black choppy hair, amber eyes, black, ram like horns and extremely large black and red wings. It almost seemed like it wasn't his wings in the first place.

"Sir Hanako, this is Lady Nene. The Koi guardian, she went to set up sleeping quarters for you, so I took over for a bit. Lady Nene, this is the garden's inspector. Take care!"

Aoi said, leaving and waving me a goodbye before I could say anything. I concentrated and placed a hard vine bubble around the pond and turned to the inspector,

"Ah, Ehm.. Sir Hanako, follow me, I'll show you around as well as where you'll be sleeping.."
I said, awkwardly as I began to trail off

I managed to show him around and he was really polite, yet slightly pervy.. It wasn't that bad though, at least he wasn't the last inspector, he got banished for eternity.

I sat down in the centre stone, dim lanterns surrounded the sacred pond as I casually watched the koi, Sir Hanako had appeared behind me but he was a light walker, so I hadn't noticed,

"Lady Nene~ Aren't you going to sleep?"
Sir Hanako asked, I just shook my head. I usually slept once a week, so I suffered greatly during the start of my work.

Hanako gently wrapped his arms around me from behind, his head rested on my shoulder, he leaned in and whispered in my ear,

"Oh but, you shouldn't overwork yourself.. You wouldn't want to ruin your image~"
Shivers went down my spine and I shoved him away with my wings in panic as a blush spread across my face.

"Its fine. I don't sleep for weeks on end. This koi pond is extremely sacred and I cannot let these fish get hurt!"

I replied, hiding my face from him. I only heard a chuckle in response and I felt the wind as Sir Hanako flew over to me again.

"Hm, then I'll help you watch over it, okay?"
I mumbled something under my breath and hoped he didn't hear, but I was mistaken since he turned around and tilted his head.

"What was that Lady Nene? Isn't it rude to mumble under your breath?"
I sighed and repeated what I said, but louder,
"I feel guilty though..."

He chuckled and replied, his arms snakily wrapped around my waist. I fumbled with my hair shyly, since I haven't had this close of interaction with anyone, anyone I barely knew anyways... But he brung a type of comfort. He was someone I could trust.

Me and Sir Hanako both watched over the koi pond, my lids became heavy and next thing I knew I had fallen in a light sleep. Hanako had set my head down on his lap and began to caress my hair, it was one of my soft spots and I fell properly asleep.

///////////

I DID IT NSX NXNDNXNXN
I FINALLY MANAGED TO COMPLETE ONE CHAPter BRUHH-
I always procrastinated but I hope you enjoyed

798 words!