chap 17- thinking out loud

Another day of projecting the fact i want to fall in love in a oneshot 😏

hope u enjoy you touch starved rascals ❤️

also Hanako is human now 😚

------------------------

🎐 yashiro's POV

a hot midsummer's day is the best kinds of days. especially when its a thursday and you're in love.

only problem is, you're in love with your flirty best friend. simultaneously one of the worst and best feelings ever,

a feeling of excitement with anxiety pushed back into the depths of your heart.

"amane-kun!"

i wave to him, and he turns around mid conversation with a girl and runs over to me, almost tackling me with his infamous hugs.

"daiko-"
and before he could finish he was on the ground, my foot on his chest and huffing in triumph.

"agh- im sorry, nene im sorry!"

he pleaded, half sat up but clinging to my ankles nonetheless, i smile and ruffle his hair, and he gets up and we walk in together.

its been this way since middle school, we've always been in the same class, often getting sent out together and causing ruckus wherever we go, yet emitting an aura that could make anyone smile.

thought i feel like it would be better if perhaps, we were together, holding hands whenever possible and sneaking behind corners to snatch a quick kiss here and there,,,,

the butterflies that i'd get whenever he'd hug me or have any contact with me, as if they don't already appear,,

it was only when i felt myself hit the floor when i snapped out of my day dream, and everything came back to me, i hit the pillar while walking, come to think of it, my nose really hurts.

"nene? you completely zoned out, are you alright?"

amane asked, reaching his hand out for me to take, which i did, yet i couldn't tell him i was day dreaming about the two of us dating so instead i told a simple, yet believable lie,

"i was just day dreaming about prince like boys holding my hand and dating me!"

i smiled, placing my hands on my cheeks and shaking my head to seem as if i was bashful, which i was, since i'd definitely wish it would happen!

yet, instead of amane just shaking his head while smiling and letting out the small sigh he usually does, he gave me a look i couldn't distinguish, but it gave me butterflies anyways.

"im right here y'know? if we were together i'd be the best boyfriend you'll have, and the only boyfriend."

and at his comment i froze, blood instantly rushing to my face, my yearning for him growing stronger as he teased me.

reality hit me once again, im being stupid he'd never go out with me, right?

"d-don't tease me like that amane! you're really confusing me!"

he sighed and held my hand, beginning to walk again. so we walked together in a comfortable silence this time, our fingers interlocked.

we managed to make it to our class in time before the bell rang, and before we split he squeezed my hand gently, then letting go and ruffling my hair before walking to his desk that was next to mine.