Chap 7- Star Tears

THE ARTWORK IS MINE!
My instagram is m4ki._ so that explains the watermark :p
I hope it looks nice 🥺
Okay- This chapter will contain angst okay?
im sorry :(
its too soon I know :(
--------------------

Have you heard the new disease named Star Tears?
The sparkling, star like tears,
accompanied with twinkling sounds,
is the result of unrequited love.
only if your love is returned will you be cured,
if not the beautiful glimmer of the tears
will   blind  you...

★彡

Yashiro's POV

"Ne, Nene-Chan! Isn't that terrifying? Do be more careful when you fall in love, I wouldn't want you to lose your sight!"

I shake my head with a smile, to seem as if I was denying Ao-Chan's stupid thought, but personally I was trying to shake off my own fear.

"Oh, Ao-Chan, I don't like Minamoto-Kun! As a matter of fact, I don't have a crush on anyone!"

I smile, and my purple haired friend gave a sigh of relief. Coincidentally, the bell rang, which meant I had to go clean the bathrooms while Hanako-Kun annoyed me. I waved my goodbyes to Aoi and make my way there.

As soon as I stepped into the abandoned part of the school building, I sneeze, causing some tears to come out of my eyes. I wipe and see nothing.

I could only sigh in relief as I shake my head and continue walking until I enter the bathroom, Hanako sits there, playing card games with..
Another spirit? And a female one too..

"Ne, Hanako-Kun who-"

I see the girl shoot bullets at me with her glare, I refrain from speaking a I hurriedly get my cleaning supplies.

I could help but listen in to what they were saying, and it hurt to see that they were having fun... And honestly... I missed Hanako cling to me all the time...

I stop midway through cleaning and set everything down, simply picking up my school bag and heading off. Stupidly enough, I began to cry, and my worst nightmare had come true.

Figures that looked like stars spilled from my eyes, faintly glowing. I freeze for a second and rush to the school garden, the only place I felt safe and comfortable.

Once I reached my secret area behind the shed I collapsed, sobbing like never before, mainly because I was jealous and scared. I didn't want to go blind...

After a while I headed back home and instantly did research about it, doing enough to make me fall asleep at my desk.

//// Time skip

I made it my job to avoid Aoi, since if she asked me what was wrong, I would immediately start crying, and my secret would be revealed. However, Mitsuba noticed me cry yesterday and confronted me about it, saying the same happened to him. We both decided to distance ourselves from Kou and Hanako,

Not that Hanako would care of course...

Throughout the day I did see his Haku joudai trail behind me, and whenever I made it obvious I ran away to where they couldn't find me.

This time, I was going to walk home, hoping not to cry but even though I didn't want to, tears spilled out and so did those stars. Rain suddenly began to pour down, soaking and freezing me, which didn't help with my condition...

No one should've seen me. It was far far far too late for anyone to be on school grounds right now, so I was terrified when I heard footsteps. I looked up and saw Hanako...

He stood in front of me, fear in his eyes as he saw the state I was in. All I could do was look away in shame and embarrassment.

I was surprised when he fell onto his knees, clutching onto my legs and beginning to sob, he seemed scared and angry.

"NENE! Why haven't you told me about this? Why didn't you come see me recently? I could've helped you!"

He cried out, frustration in his voice. He looked up to meet my eyes, a waterfall of tears flowing down. This was it. I had to confess or become blind. I had no other option.

"B-Because..... BECAUSE I LOVE YOU HANAKO! And when I saw you with her, my heart hurt. I was in so much pain and fear, I didn't want to look at you anymore "

I confess. He stared up in shock and stood up. I didn't expect him to kiss me, and as soon as be did my tears just... Became normal tears... I was free..

Hanako pulled away and pulled me into a tight hug instead, laughing in what i thought was relief.

"I only love you Nene, I love you to the moon and back. So don't cry anymore stars... You are my star."

He confessed and I smiled, hugging him back.

I thought I was a goner.

----------------------

Another short n angsty oneshot :,)

I have to give every angsty oneshot a happy ending otherwise i'll beat myself up 😔

i hope you enjoyed 💞

844 words