Chap 12- Medicine

Idk this is a really wholesome chapter
im in a phat mood for wholesomeness

nene and amane r in college
nene's sick and she's got a stomachache 😞

-------------

🌸 Nene's POV 🌸

I was incredibly lucky to be given the chance to stay home today, since I had a fever and I constantly felt like I was going to faint and throw up at the same time- Im pretty sure I had a virus- but I was incredibly upset since I missed my friends and Amane...

I wouldn't admit this but I had the biggest crush on him, ever since I was young! but its stupid knowing he doesn't feel the same way, especially because he's stopped talking and hanging out with me like he used to, but that was okay. I didn't mind if he hated me or got a girlfriend.... Thats a lie.

Especially since I needed to focus getting the medicine from the top shelf. I kicked the small stool over to the front of the cabinet so I could stand on it and get it.

I reached up and as soon as I grabbed it I felt myself fall back, and a sudden contact with the ground.

"..... ouch..."

I checked the bottle of medicine and.... It was empty.
I groaned and turned myself over so my face pressed against the cold kitchen floor, giving me a false sense of cool relief before i heard someone opening my door to my dorm,

seriously, an intruder was the last thing I wanted, especially when im sick.

"Nene-Chan?"

I hear a familiar voice say. I let out a small noise indicating I am, surprisingly, alive. I close my eyes and hear footsteps heading closer to the kitchen where I was,

"Nene-Chan you better be wearing warm clothes under those blankets otherwise- .... Nene?"

The familiar voice spoke again and i heard a clattering of bottles and plastic being set down on a countertop and more footsteps coming closer and closer to me. There was a moment of silence before I felt arms gently turn me over so i laying on my back.

The familiar person was.... Amane?
I thought he hated me or got a girlfriend, of maybe someone had told him to come here as a dare, who knew, I was mainly focused on not passing out.

"Nene-Chan, what happened?"

I groaned and pointed at the now very much empty medicine cabinet and Amane let out a chuckle. I just remember thinking to myself, Im going to cry.
Well, in pain since I had a stomachache, a fever, i was hungry and I had fallen.

Amane had picked me up bridal style and carefully placed me back onto my bed, tucking me in and gently brushing away my bangs and planting a sweet kiss on my forehead-

wait was i imagining things or did he actually do that-

my eyes widened slightly and there before me I saw a blushing Amane sat on the edge of my bed. Im pretty sure I was blushing too- Or it was the fever?

"I-I'll go make you some food and get you some medicine- you look starving."

I giggled weakly and he smiled at me, though it was a rare smile, I had only seen it in special moments where it was only the two of us. And the smile? It was so adorned with love it always brought tears to my eyes, but the smile went away and he got up to do what he told me be would.

In that period of time I must've drifted off since I heard Amane softly calling my name,

"Nene-Chan? Nene?"

I woke up and saw Amane-Kun next to my bed with a bowl of oatmeal with strawberries and honey, my fave. I sat up slightly and extended my arms to take the bowl, to which Amane pulled it away from me,

"Ah- Ah- Ah!~ I'll be feeding you, okay Nene?"

A visible blush crept on my face and for some unknown reason I nodded, looking down at my hands which were now peacefully settled down on my lap.

Another thing about Amane, he's a bit of a pervert, but I've grown so used to his little antics that I actually find it funny and cute in a way.

"Nene-Chan~ Say 'Ahh!'"

I opened my mouth and he set the spoon inside of my mouth, which i closed after and scooped the oatmeal off the spoon. Amane pulled it out and waited until I finished my spoonful before repeating until the bowl was empty.

"Okay, its time for medicine!"

He said as he pulled out a dark bottle and a spoon, I read the label and.... Night nurse? That was the most disgusting medicine ever.

".... Im not taking that."

He sighed but what followed after was another chuckle. I was guessing he decided to ignore me as he poured the bitter green liquid onto the spoon and at that I turned my head away and covered my mouth.

Amane took my hands away so I turned to look at him. He didn't say anything, but just started leaning in closer. He let go of my hands and cupped my face instead, leaning even closer and eventually closing his eyes, and then our lips touched, but the warm sensation quickly ended as he pulled away,

He looked down, his face red and deep in thought. He turned to me again kissed me, a much deeper kiss this time. It would've been sweet if I hadn't felt that bitter liquid enter my mouth. I swallowed it and cringed, pulling away from the kiss.

"I knew you wouldn't take it so this was my only option."

Amane said, looking away from me. I was frozen until I suddenly felt something wet on my hands, i brought my hand up to my eyes and I... I was crying?

"A...Amane?"

I look over to him, hot tears streaming down my face, he looked over to me, his eyes widened and he immediately started using his sleeves to wipe my tears away,

"I-Im sorry! I couldn't control myself and t-that was probably your first kiss-"

I cut him off, grabbing his sleeve and whispering

"I.... I thought you got bored of me..."

Amane gasped and pulled me into a short hug, pulling away and planting frantic kisses on my cheek, as if he was scared and desperate.

"Im so sorry Nene, I just have all of these feeling for you that keeping getting stronger and even thinking about you makes me go crazy. Nene Yashiro, I know this isn't the best time to confess but please, I've loved you ever since we were young, and I just want to hold you and call you mine, is that to much to ask?"

And at the end of that speech, Amane was breathless, his eyes now glossy, worry coating his expression, even though it was such a sad moment, I smiled, leaning forwards and resting my forehead on his arm.

"I love you too, but seriously stop kissing me you'll get sick too."

I say before pulling away to cough. He laughed again and wrapped his arms around me, pretending to go limp so we both went down, thankfully my head hit my pillow.

"I don't care. I just wanna be here with you."

I blushes and pet his head, the both of us eventually falling asleep in each others arms.

--------------

Is it 4am rn? Yea lol-
Am i giggling at tiktoks? yea lol
Do I need to sleep? yea lol

hope you enjoyed this!
1272 words