three

The mysterious boy carried you to the office break room and sat you down on one of the chairs. He didn't say a word and walked off and came back with a bag of ice and two cold cans of soda. He grabbed your leg, which shocked you a little, and he wrapped it with the ice pack and an elastic bandage. Where the hell did that come from?

You were flustered upon feeling his soft hands brushing up against the skin of your bare ankle. While he was concentrating on wrapping your ankle, you couldn't help but stare at him again. Besides Taehyung, you've never seen someone so ethereal looking. He looked like a little angel.

Along with your thoughts came the curiosity. Who is he and where do you know him from? "So uh," you shyly started to talk, your voice gaining his attention almost immediately. "What's your name?" 

You could've swore you saw a little flash of hurt through his eyes but it didn't last long. He gave you the brightest smile of all time, almost as bright as Taehyung's. "I'm Park Jimin." he said smiling so brightly his eyes disappeared.

You smiled back at him but it quickly went away when you realized where you saw this man before. "Holy shit." Jimin looked at you with a gleam of hope in his eyes. "Park Jimin? Jiminie?!" He nodded and chuckled.

Before you could express your shock and excitement any further, the door to the break room opened up. "What's going on here." You knew that voice anywhere. Looking over, you see Taehyung walking in with Jihye not too far behind him.

Your happy mood immediately died down and the ache returned back to your heart. "Hello? I'm speaking to you, can't you hear?" He pushed further. "I think she needs to clean her ears or something." Jihye butted in. Taehyung grunted and continued to fix himself a hot tea with his back facing you.

You wanted to be strong and you wanted to stand up for yourself but it was almost impossible. Tears threatened to make their way down your face as you bit your tongue trying to get yourself away from showing weakness by crying.

This feeling of being so weak and powerless was so heavy on your soul and you hated every bit of it. You hated not having the courage to stand up for yourself to Taehyung's actions and you hated yourself for being so feeble and cowardly.  

"Why do you treat her like this?" Jimin spoke up and you saw the back of Taehyung's shoulders tense up at Jimin's angry voice, but he didn't turn. "That's none of your business." Taehyung turned around and as soon as he saw who the person was, he grabbed your wrist and pulled you up from the seat.

You whimpered in pain as he forced you to walk out on your injured ankle. Jimin quickly got up to try and follow but the slutty secretary blocked his way out. Taehyung pulled you through the hallways at a brisk pace.

He kept dragging you until you both ended up in his office. He pulled you in and closed the door behind him. The first thing you did was snatch your wrist away and attempt to bend down to soothe your ankle.

You didn't even get the chance to relieve your pain when he roughly pushed your back against the wall. He stood in front of you and had the dirtiest look on his face. "Why were you with him?" he said every word through gritted teeth and with fire fuming from his eyes.

You were confused to say the least. He wasn't happy to see Jimin after all this time? Why does he care in the first place. Does he actually care? Is he possibly jealous? These questions raced through your head and you felt a sting of hope at your heart. Maybe he does love you.

He rolled his eyes. "Don't get your hopes up." he laughed at your hopeful expression and that sting of hope you felt quickly disappeared into thin air. "I can't believe you think I actually care. I don't." he stepped closer to your face. "Go ahead and fuck around with Jimin. I don't care. Next time, be a little more discreet about it."

He shoved his hands in his suit pockets and backed away. "Don't want people to know my wife is cheating on me, hm?" and with that he walked out, leaving you in his office alone.

The rest of the day went by in a flash. The stinging pain in your ankle was hard to feel since you felt numb from Taehyung's words. He seriously doesn't care, huh?

When the work day was over, you didn't go home, not wanting to face him and embarrass yourself yet again. You were a coward, too hurt to face the consequences of seeing his face. Even though he is never really home at night anyway, you couldn't risk it.

Glancing down at your phone, you checked for anything but you weren't surprised to find no new notifications or missed calls. Guess he really is a man of his word.

You sat under a street light on a park bench. The cold rain soaked you and poured down along with your tears. Even mother nature was crying with you. You could care less about catching a cold at this point. The feverish effects were already taking effect on you but you tried to ignore it.

The reality of the situation set down on you all at once. You sat in the rain for hours just because you couldn't face him. You were being a coward once again. Weak and pathetic were what you stood for. 

You cried and you cried until your eyes felt heavy and the darkness surrounding you engulfed you whole.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

helloooo. i apologize for such a short chapter!

thank you for reading :)
xx