seven

Two weeks fly by in the blink of an eye. During these fourteen days, you kept the same routine. Wake up, go to work, avoid your toxic husband and his mistress, go home, avoid your husband again, and repeat. This routine kept it's steady pace until your final day at the workplace came around.

Like normal, you headed out of the apartment and made your way to work alone. Today was a little different though. You were excited and anxious to get this day over with. You couldn't wait to start working at Yoongi's company. At first you weren't all for the idea, which caused Taehyung to force your reply. Over the span of your final two weeks, you were able to accept the forced decision and now you couldn't wait!

You felt like you were on top of the world as you skipped your way into the office. Many co-workers bid you goodbye by giving you little gifts and congratulations on landing a big job.

Your lunch break came around and you decided to reward yourself by going out to the convenience store across the street to buy yourself a hobbang.

You ordered one for yourself and an extra one.
Although it was risky, you wanted to give one to Taehyung. You weren't sure if he had eaten anything and you didn't want him to be hungry.

Sitting in the garden area behind the office building, you indulge your taste buds in the steamed bun filled with red bean paste and you immediately felt your body warm up. You closed your eyes and leaned your head back, enjoying your meal.

"Enjoying yourself?" a voice spoke and you shot your eyes open and swung your head forward to see Jimin standing in front of you, watching you eat in amusement.

You smile at him and he stuffs his hands in his pockets. "May I?" he points to the empty space next to you. You nod and he sits. "Today is my last day here." he says, gathering your attention away from your food.

"Really? Me too!" you exclaimed, cheeks puffed and full of food. He chuckles but the both of you turn confused at the same time. "Wait, why?" he asks. You swallow your food to answer his question.

"My cousin, I don't know if you remember Yoongi." he nods and you continue. "He's been in the music business for a while and his label expanded so he offered me and Tae a job." Jimins expression falters at the mention of Yoongi but he quickly covers it up with a bright smile but it doesn't quite reach his eyes.

"Wow, I'm happy for the both of you." you notice he looks a little uneasy but you put it off and return his question. "What about you?" you take a bite from your bun.

"I'm training to become an idol. I got recruited the other day by some guy so i'm taking the offer." he says flatly and you almost choke. You start coughing and Jimin quickly pats your back. Since your mouth was full, you couldn't express your shock with words so all you could do was let out a muffled noise.

Swallowing the contents in your mouth, you quickly speak. "Oh my god, Jimin!" you face him completely and engulf him in a quick hug out of excitement. He tenses and his eyes widen but he doesn't hesitate to hug you back, wrapping his arms around you.

You give him a tight squeeze and release him to look at him. "You're gonna do good, I bet it." you give him a proud smile and he looks away, flustered. "Yeah, yeah whatever."

The two of you sit in a comfortable silence and you take another bite of your bun. "Has Taehyung been treating you alright?" he suddenly asks and your chewing comes to a stop.

"Y-Yeah." you gulp down your food. Your answer wasn't exactly a lie but it wasn't the truth either. You never really told Jimin what your problems were with Tae but he knew more than it seemed.

He nods. "Good. That's good to hear." he reaches over and grabs your wrist, trying to take a bite of your food. When you realize what he was doing, your eyes widen and you quickly swat him away. "Jiminie, no!"