eighteen

**homophobia and homophobic slurs are used in this chapter; read at risk**
(this is like a flashback chapter. this will have past events that lead up into present time!!)

. . .

Jimin was lost.

After Y/N and Taehyung's wedding, he lost everything. He lost his job, his apartment and all of his money. He was so happy for his best friends and he didn't want to disturb the newlyweds by asking for help. So he left.

He went back to Busan to his family. He felt pathetic. He felt like he let down his parent's expectations. He could never be a good son for them. He was envious of his little brother, Jihyun. Jihyun was everything that he was not.

When Jimin returned to his hometown, his family welcomed him with open arms. Their arms crossed when Jimin came to terms with his sexuality and decided to come out to them.

"Y-You're a homo?!" his mother stutters out in shock. Jimin looks up from his lap at the three shocked faces standing before him. Jimin nods and is shocked to see the tear falling down his mother's cheek. Is she happy? Upset?

She runs away and up the stairs, sobbing which leaves Jimin with his brother and his father. He tried searching their faces for any positive reactions but he's given an emotionless and almost sad look from his brother and his father looks furious. "You!" he marches up to Jimin and pulls him up from where he was sitting.

"You fucking disgrace! You think I want a faggot in this house?!" Jimin's eyes widen like plates and A hot tear burns out of his eye. "D-Dad i'm s-"

"Shut the fuck up!" he's cut off by his father's roaring voice. "You like to fuck men, huh? You fucking sissy!" Jimin is caught off guard by a harsh slap at the side of his face. The impact of the hit sends him stumbling to the side, wobbly on his feet. Before Jimin could recover, his father was already gripping onto the collar of his shirt.

"Look at this, Jihyun. You want to be like this?" Jimin is shoved to face his little brother, still in his father's grip. Jihyun looks around nervously. "Answer me boy!" he demands and Jihyun hastily shakes his head. "N-no!" Jimin feels hurt.

"Good because this is what happens to fags," he turns Jimin back around and spits in his face, bringing his fist up and swinging it. Jimin has little to no time to try and dodge and the punch knocks him to the ground. He felt the side of his face go numb.

A choked up sob echos the room and Jimin struggles to catch his breath as his father hovers above him, raising his fist again. Jimin sobs again and clenches his eyes shut, but the hit never comes. "Just get him out of here." a voice says which Jimin recognizes as his mother.

Jimin's father yanks him into a standing position and slaps him once again. "I never want to see your faggot ass in this house again. I swear if you ever step foot near me or my family i'll put you out of your own misery, you fucking worthless dog." he spats and walks off, not forgetting to roughly shove Jimin's shoulder on the way.

His father's words repeat in his head like a mantra. "Get out Jimin." he brings his stinging eyes to meet his mother's. "Get the fuck out," she steps closer with each word until shes standing right in front of him. "Now!" she screams and delivers a slap of her own.

"You're not my son. I don't want a fruity wuss as my son. Leave." she steps back to the staircase and throws a backpack at him. "And never come back." She disappears up the stairs leaving Jimin alone with Jihyun.

"Do you h-hate me too?" Jimin's voice cracks as he asks his little brother who watched everything unfold with tears streaming down his face. It takes him a few long seconds to realize Jimin is speaking to him. "I'm sorry, Chim." and with that, he's running up the stairs with his parents.