fourty-one

Jungkook doesn't know how it happened. He doesn't know when it happened. But all he knows is that he's confused. During the three weeks of his conversion back to normalcy, something changed. More like someone changed.

He's happy to be back to normal with Y/N but this time around, it feels a bit different. His love her her doesn't feel one-sided anymore. He quickly pushes this to the back of his mind. Y/N can't love him back, right? If she does then he's not complaining but he really thinks something is up.

Y/N on the other hand, is panicking.

How could she be so reckless and stupid. She feels like a slut again, falling for another man when she already has one of her own. Yes, she's in love with both Jungkook and Taehyung. There's like no way out of this one, she's definitely stuck.

She wishes she had someone to talk to about this, someone to vent to instead of bottling her emotions within. She might explode and right now it's her biggest fear.

Taehyung and Jungkook still aren't that fond of each other which makes this predicament even worse. She feels like she's betraying Taehyung's trust for having strong feelings like this. She doesn't even know how the hell she developed these feelings in the first place. All she knows is that her heart can't calm down when she's around them both.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" she hears a muffled voice. She travels back to reality and see's Jimin waving his hand in front of her face, everyone staring at her in worry. She quickly clears her throat and nods, stuffing bread into her mouth.

Yoongi invited everyone over for dinner and Y/N feels like she's gonna have a heart attack. She's sitting right next to Taehyung and directly across from Jungkook, making her feel like she's caged into a corner.

Taehyung places his hand in her thigh causing her to yelp in surprise, all attention falling on her again. "Yah, what are you doing under the table?" Yoongi questions Taehyung and she quickly swallows the food in her mouth and speaks to brush off any suspicion.

"When do you want me to help you record, Yoonie?" she asks and sparks the confusion of everyone at the table. Yoongi hasn't spoken about his mixtape to anyone since he first dropped the news on Y/N.

"Um- the end of this week?" he responds and she nods and looks away, making direct eye contact with Jungkook. Her face heats up as she forces herself look away from his chocolate bambi eyes, but then she looks directly into Tae's.

"Are you hot?" he gently presses the back of his hand to her forehead and her blush deepens. She mumbles out a 'no' before turning and stuffing more food into her mouth. Jimin looks in between the three of them in interest. Anyone could tell just by that entire interaction that something's up.

"I didn't know you sang, Noona." Jungkook speaks, taking a sip of water. She looks up at him with her cheeks full and hums, unable to respond. "She doesn't, but she can." Yoongi adds and Y/N rolls her eyes.

Later on in the evening, Taehyung starts to get a little tired and Y/N picks up on this. Though he insisted that he's okay, Y/N still needed to get out so she could breathe.

She hugged everyone goodbye, one by one. The last person to hug her was Jungkook. She was a little hesitant but she could feel Jimin's eyes burning a hole into the back of her head.

Jungkook stays frozen as she wraps her arms around his torso, head tilted onto his chest so she can hear his heartbeat. After realizing how awkward they must look, he embraces her back and they both melt into each other's touch.

The feeling of his arms linger around her body as she pulls herself away, leaving with Taehyung. As soon as the door shuts, Jimin falls to his knees laughing hysterically. Hoseok automatically laughs even though he doesn't know what's funny and everyone else stares at them as if they're crazy.

"She's in love with-" a loud giggle cuts him off and he breaks into another laughing fit. Jungkook heard the start of his sentence and that's all he needed to confirm is suspicions. "What?" Namjoon questions.

It takes Jimin a good fifteen minutes to stop laughing until he can finally explain himself. "Y/N keeps looking at Jungkook and Taehyung with heart eyes." Jungkook feels like running off a cliff. Everyone looks at Jimin, then Jungkook, then Jimin again.

"Holy shit.." Yoongi mumbles. "I'm going to sleep, this is too much." he says, dragging Jimin along with him. Jungkook sighs, this is too much. Drama seriously follows them wherever they go.

"She doesn't love me, don't listen to him. I'm going to sleep too." He leaves his hyungs in the living room and lays down in the guest bed.

The next morning, Y/N wakes up in a frenzy and it's not a good one. She jumps up from the bed and leaves Taehyung a note, running to Jungkook's dorm as fast as she can.

She knocks as she bends over her knees to catch her breath. The door opens in front of her but she doesn't look up, still gasping for air. "Noona, what the hell?" he grumbles and pulls her inside.

She finally pulls herself together and looks up to see a shirtless Jungkook with messy bed hair, sleep in his eyes. "Why are you here so ear-"

"I love you." she says and Jungkook freezes. There's no way in hell those words just came out of her mouth. Yeah, he was suspicious but he can't believe his ears. "W-What?"

"I love you, Jungkook." she grabs his hands. "And I love Taehyung too."

Jungkook stands there and watches as she panics after saying that. Pacing back and forth and pulling at her hair. All he can do is watch until he's snapped out of his trance by her sobs. She's having a panic attack.

He quickly runs up to her and pulls her arms away from her face. He holds her and sways her gently, whispering softly in her ears until she finally calms down again.

"Noona.." he starts and pauses when her teary eyes come in contact with his. Right now would be the perfect moment to kiss, connect their lips and intertwine as one. But Jungkook doesn't need that, he doesn't want that right now. He stops her right before her lips touch his, causing her to whine.

"I want to kiss you too, Noona. But i'm not, you're not all mine. I don't want to kiss you knowing you belong to someone else." he explains and she slowly stands up, Jungkook standing with her. "I just want you to myself."

"B-But I love you both. I want you both." she mumbles, feeling so disgusted and bitter of herself. Why can't she control her feelings? Why can't she ever do things the right way?

She returns back home to Taehyung, her heart heavy in her chest. The rest of the week she continues to suffer in silence, trying to muffle her pain until one day she can't take it anymore.

"Yeseul-ssi, please help." She sits down alone in front of the therapist who looks very confused. "Mrs.Kim? Where's your husband?"

"I told h-him to stay home. I need help." Y/N pleads and Yeseul nods her head worriedly. "I-I love someone else." she starts and Yeseul's jaw drops. "But I still love Taehyung. I love them both!" she cries.

Yeseul takes off her glasses and looks at Y/N, sighing gently as the girl crumbles in front of her. "Is this the trainee guy?" she asks and Y/N nods, swiping away as many tears as she could.

"I'm sorry, Y/N-ah, you need to figure out your emotions. I'm afraid that this is something I can't help you with."

After hearing those words she went home. She hid her tears from Taehyung and managed to escape his questions. She doesn't know what to do anymore. But then she gets an idea.

She'll leave. Just like she told Yoongi, she'll leave and won't be a bother to anyone anymore.

She has already made up her mind.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

thank you for reading! updating early since i start classes tomorrow, not sure how my update schedule will work out.

judging by the comments in the last chapter, this was kinda unexpected since you guys thought someone chested again lmaoo.

what do you think y/n will do?