twenty-five

With pregnancy comes hormonal changes and with hormonal changes comes mood swings and with mood swings comes anger and with anger comes arguments and with arguments comes sadness.

It all started when Taehyung decided to go to sleep after a monthly check up. You just found out that the baby was healthy and you were happy, but you didn't want to experience that happiness alone. You wanted to share that feeling of love and excitement with your significant other so you couldn't hide the bitterness you felt towards him when he woke up.

"Hey princess, everything alright?" he asks, walking into the kitchen where you are. You hummed as an answer but kept aggressively skinning potatoes with the peeler. Taehyung picks up on your harsh actions and by the way he grabs your wrist tells you he knows something is up.

"What're you mad about?" he asks and you don't know where it came from but a scoff escapes your lips. "I'm not mad at anything, Taehyung. Go back to sleep or something." you pull your wrists out of his hold and continue peeling your potatoes.

"No, tell me what's wrong." he demands, stopping your actions once again. You roll your eyes and push him away lightly. "I'm fine." you deadpanned and moved him out of your way to get to the sink.

You rinsed the potatoes and dropped them into the pot of boiling water. "Don't worry about me." you add and walk out of the kitchen. You hear his footsteps follow behind yours and you feel like turning around and telling him to fuck off.

He follows you all the way into your bedroom and sits down next to you when you get on the bed. You face away from him but flinch when you feel him place his cold fingers on your shoulders.

"I don't know what I did wrong but i'm sorry." he mumbles, planting a kiss on the back of your shoulder. You sigh and feel yourself giving in.

Although that wasn't an actual argument, things began to get worse throughout the week.

"God, you're so damn selfish!" you raise your voice at him, ignoring the staring of onlookers. He stares back at you with wide eye. "The hell are you talking about, Y/N?" he asks

"Everything isn't about you!" you continue and he looks really confused. You were at lunch with everyone at work and you were all discussing baby names. You suggested a name you liked but Taehyung said he didn't like it which sent you off the edge.

"You guys-" Jungkook's attempt at calming you both down went unnoticed and you kept going. "Why do you always do this?!" you scold, thinking back to how he selfishly went to sleep after getting good news.

Taehyung ran his hand through his hair looking stressed out but the thought of him being the stressed one in the relationship fed into your anger. You were the one carrying a 4 month old baby, not him!

"Y/N relax," your cousin says. You look at him and he looks unfazed by your attempt to scare him with your angry expression. "Look, I have your avocado fries~" he waves the plate around.

"I don't want that shit." you cross your arms over your chest and slouch in your seat. You hear Taehyung sigh from beside you and he pushes his plate of pepperoni pizza in front of you.

Although you're supposed to be mad at him, the thought devouring the meaty slice in front of you made your mouth water and you had no choice but to give in.

Everyone watched as you slowly picked up the slice of pizza and a smile formed on your face again. This time, that smile was temporary.

. . .

"You went to see a house without asking me what I thought first?" you sneered at the man in front of you. "This apartment is too small. We don't even have another room for the baby." he answers and you roll your eyes.