Deal or No deal?

"The initial deal is still on,Ms Natalie Dovers" the man clad in the darkest black 3 piece suit told me.

"Mr Anderson, I think you have got me totally wrong. Im not one of the girls after your money and social position. In fact, Im satisfied with this life." I snapped back at him.

He gave me a little dubious look and came near to me. I squirmed within the space the seat in that unknown fancy restaurant allowed me to.

"Straddling two jobs so that you can pay the rent for your house and have instant cup noodles for your meals gives you satisfaction!?" He questioned showing his subtle smile.

I looked up and rolled my eyes trying to think of a smart answer to give him. He was right, my life isnt that normal considering the fact that I have multiple jobs to support myself alone. But I cant agree to his deal like this. This isnt some movie where everytime is perfectly good, in real life things are just perfectly bad.

"Look here Natalie, marry me for a year. I will give you a million dollars and an apartment which is fully furnished after this one year contract ends. I cant see my stepmother and her son take over my family's company. We, the Andersons have been known to have taken over the economy of NYC for the past 20 years. After my dad married the woman known as my stepmom, she started manipulating him to oblige to her desires. Now, I, the eldest son is supposed to take over the company but she has manipulated my dad to the extent that now he had made it a compulsory thing to get married in order to take over the company. And my stepbrother,Arnold is married." He completed his long speech with a grim expression.

"But why me?" I asked.

"My dad suggested you." He replied still looking upset.

"I mean, I know Harry as the regular patroniser in the bookstore I used to work in. He has mentioned about his 3 kids and also you, the eldest of all of them... and also how many women you have seduced but never committed to any one of them for anything longer than a night."I said the last sentence almost inaudibly.

"So you are good friends with my dad ah? Which means you shouldnt have any problem agreeing to this. Think this as a help to your good friend, to save his company from the manipulation of his greedy second wife. We can be in an open marriage. I wont interfere in your personal love life and you dont in mine." He said as he sipped his red wine.

I looked around the place as I thought about how this could be an opportunity for me to help Harry Anderson who has been my good friend and father- like figure.

But the thought of marrying Oliver Jarvis Anderson, the most sought businessman and haughtiest bachelor of the current time was enough to make me feel like riding on roller coaster which never stopped. Along with the last name , Anderson, come greater responsibilty and obstacles. How could a average girl like me get used to this? But then again, its only for a year . So I guess, it should be okay.

I looked at Oliver Anderson and saw him looking at me intently as if he was trying to find out whats going on in my mind.

"Enough of admiring me, Mr Oliver Anderson.

Considering the fact that this deal will help Harry, I agree to be your fake wife for a year." I said.

"Good decision,Ms Dovers. This is the contract paper, sign it after reading through the terms and conditions." He said firmly displaying no form of gratitude to me.

I signed and stood up.

"See you soon, Mr soon-to-be husband!"I said as I flipped my hair and tied it up.

Oliver looked stunned for a moment but soon regained his arrogant look.