Mark Lee

A/n: really weird dream I've never had a dream about him before and he's not my bias but here we are...

Mina~

"If we're 20 and I haven't started dating then promise you'll be my girlfriend."

"Mark you're older than me so you'll be 20 before me. Is it when you're 20 or I'm 20? There's a year difference."

"When I'm 20 but only if you're single okay?"

"Okay...I promise."

I wake up from this dream I've been having and I look around the bedroom I'm renting for the week. "Ugh I'm going to miss New York...I love it here." My puppy Yoshi whimpers sounding as if they need to go to the bathroom. "Alright I'm up just let me get dressed and I'll take you to the park."

~

We walk throughout Central Park and take in the scenery. "Ah Yoshi we'll be back in Seoul in two days. This is the only place in the US I like coming back to visit. Hey Yoshi what's wrong pups?" Yoshi starts pulling me off trail and jumps on someone knocking them down. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, he's usually so well behaved...are you okay??" He looks up at me and smiles. "Uh Mina?? What are you doing here??" I raise an eyebrow as I pick up Yoshi. "I'm sorry who are you? How do you know my name ...?" He sits up a bit.

"It's me, Mark Lee! We used to ride bikes together and have sleepovers sometimes..." I have a flashback of the kid that used to be my best friend that I've tried so hard to forget. "Ohhhh but you're cute you can't be Mark...huh okay. What are you doing in New York?" He chuckles almost sarcastically. "Well I'm supposed to be meeting my parents to tell them I can't do this arranged marriage thing. I'm not interested in her." I scoff and start walking away. "Well have fun with that."

"Hey Mina are you still single?" I stop walking and turn around. "Not that it's any of your business but yes, why?" He gets up off the ground and walks towards me. "Well we promised to date each other if we happen to still be single and I know you're at least 20." I roll my eyes. "Yeah well I don't think it's a good idea. I'm not interested in dating a jerk, have fun with your parents."

I turn to go to my rental car but he grabs my wrist. "If this about me leaving and not saying goodbye, I'm sorry but I had to. If it makes you feel better I thought about you everyday." I sigh and roll my eyes. "I'm not mad that you left without saying goodbye, I'm mad that you told me you liked me and then you leave without telling me and you blocked my phone number. You cut me off like I meant nothing so I did what I had to do, forget about you."

"My company didn't allow me to date while I was a trainee so I couldn't contact you. It didn't help because I couldn't stop thinking about you. You're even better looking than I remember." I purse my lips. "You're really a jerk you know that? I can't stand you. Later Mark." I get out his grasp and I make it to my rental. I let Yoshi inside first. "I know you must hate me but I can't lose you when I just found you again. Please Mina just give me a chance."

"How'd you get to the park? Did you drive or walk?" He raises an eyebrow. "I walked here to clear my head before meeting with my parents." I decide to give him a chance, as slight as it may be. "No you came here to meet your girlfriend who was walking her dog in the park. You missed her because it's been awhile since you've seen her in person." His face brightens up and he hugs me. " I really did miss you Mina, I won't let you down."

🌻

"Don't you think you should have a disguise on or something? Aren't you famous? We're in Koreatown, don't you think you're going to get recognized?" He shrugs nonchalantly. "Yeah but no one is going to believe I'm here with my girlfriend. They'll assume that I look like Mark Lee and dismiss it because I'm with you." I shake my hand and roll my eyes. "The more I'm around you the more I can't stand you." He chuckles lightly as he opens the restaurant door. "You love me, stop it." He looks around and spits his parents. We walk over to their booth. "Mom, dad...you remember Mina right?" They look up and smile.