Simula

Simula

The absence of the noise reflected our whole ride due to the nerve-racking feeling. Nagsimulang gumapang ang kaba sa buong sistema ko at mukhang napansin iyon ni Nat noong nag-park kami ng sasakyan.

"We could still go back if you want to," she said at agad akong umiling.

"I can do this, Nat," I said more likely to myself. We sashayed our way to the venue with Nat gently pinching my arms.

My footsteps echoed the dimmed hallway. Kinalma ko ang sarili ko at pinanatili ang postura. If this night is going to be a war, might as well give them a good battle.

"Your invitation, Ma'am," I opened my purse and grabbed the invitation at iniabot sa lalaki.

Tumango ito bago sinenyasan ang dalawang guard para mabuksan ang malaking pinto at makapasok kami. Nat followed me from behind.

Mariin kong ipinikit ang mata ko at huminga ng malalim. Nakangiti na ako nang makapasok sa venue. Mukhang kami ang huling dumating, rason para mabaling sa amin lahat ng atensyon.

They are looking at us like they didn't expected our arrival. I wasn't expecting it either.

The first thing that I noticed are the details of the place. Pinigilan ko ang sarili kong mapanganga. My admiration for specific designs must have something to do with my profession. But this event isn't worthy of my praises.

Both the tables and chairs are covered with white mantels with gold sequences circulating around it. Even the vases, chandeliers, utensils, candle holders and the napkins are of the same shade. Hindi ko rin naiwasang hangaan ang mga nakapalibot sa buong hall, mula sa mga ilaw, at ang pwesto at dekorasyon ng kainan.

Muntik pa akong mapatawa nang matanaw ang isang babae na halos kamukha ng lamesa ang suot.

Obviously, the theme of the celebration revolves around gold, black and white pallette showing power and wealth.

Inilibot ko ang paningin ko at nalula sa dami ng taong imbitado. Most of them are aged, though regardless of their age, they still look very professional.

And if there's anything the guests brought aside from the presents, it's their elegance.

The entrance is filled with cameras and reporters. Tama lamang since the biggest sharks of the industry are present tonight. This event is a huge scoop for publicity. Of course, it's the Agustins we are talking about.

Patuloy akong naglakad, completely ignoring the stares and the loud beating of my heart.

But the weird thing is that the reporters seemed like they're restraining themselves from creating a huge fuss. Halata ang pagpipigil ng ibang lumapit but there are still some who would stick their noses to it.

Odd.

"Architect Gueverra, are you with someone tonight?"

"Ano pong masasabi n'yo sa issue tungkol sa inyo ni Dim Silva?"

"Totoo po ba na may namagitan sa inyo noon ng mga Agustin?"

Doon ako tuluyang napatigil sa paglalakad. Ramdam ko rin ang pagpaling ni Nat sa babae. Madilim kong tiningnan ang reporter na nagtanong. Napakurap naman ito at napahakbang paatras. Before she could get away, I gave her a smile before finally striding towards the tables.

"Dito nalang tayo, President," si Nat na naghila ng upuan. Nasa likurang bahagi kami ng hall, malayo sa mga titig ng tao.

My palms are continuously sweating and every second is torture to me. Pilit kong kinalma ang sarili ko.