Chapter One

GROWING UP JOSIE

My boyfriend Ty and I hold hands as we coast around the roller rink. The low lights of blue and pink made his eyes sparkle, and the music causing him to dance the best he can on eight wheels. We don't spend much time together here; which is ok, but I'm here 4 days of the week for work. Even though I'm off the clock today, my boss suggested I come in for a free skate and lunch. I wasn't about to pass up free food, so here we are.

Ty and his smoker behind needed a break, so we roll over to my favorite table. He caught his breath, untying the skates. "Baby, you should really stop all that inhaling you do" I grin, getting Austin's attention in the kitchen. He shot me a wink, knowing I wantend two tall drinks of ice water.

"I'm just out of shape Jojo, ever since the football injury" Ty makes excueses. He use to play for the City, but messed his knee up. Ty's knee is fine now; that was 3 years ago and he's playing again. I've seen him run around the track feild with his dog, plenty of times, and not once did he stop to rest.

"Two ice waters, one with extra lemon" Austin sits the drinks on our table. Being the cook; he shouldn't be personally serving us, and Ty doesn't seem to like it either. "Thank you Austin" I smile.

Ty watched Austin head back to work, displeased. Not bothering with him, I go on to ask if he will come over tonight. My parents are going out, and couldn't find a sitter. Me being the perfect daughter I am, agreed when they sucked me in. Any other Saturday I wouldn't mind too much, but this particular Saturday; there are so many things to do. A few parties are going down, a Drink, camp fire, game night, and a late baseball game. I sucked all of this up, knowing I had no one to go with, and my parents ask so little of me.

"Ty..." I hang my lip, him taking too long to reply. "I dont know Jo. I might be busy" he sips his water.

Busy with what? When I ask for him; he doesn't seem to have the time, but when he thinks I need him; he's there. "Again Tyrone" I huff.

"Don't go calling me by my government, okay. I'm just a little tied up baby. Besides, your father said I'm not allowed over after dark".

Ty has been busy for some time now. I can let it go, but it's like he's drifting away. "Don't worry about daddy, he's harmless" I try sweetening the deal. Ty grins, "tell that to the bruise on my neck". I shake off the fact he basically just told me that dad put his hands on him. "We'll talk about that later, but I really need you. The little buggers like you, and... we have that project to finish". He pecks my lips, getting some attention from others, "forgive me".

"Ah hum" my boss clears her throat. I smirk, greeting her, "hey Browen".

"Hello Jo. I see you took my offer" Browen greets Ty with a simple smile. Ty left to order our food, leaving Browen and I to talk. "I sure did. Thanks again" I swig my lemon water.

Browen took Tys seat, to have a chat with me. She started off by giving me an update on her great aunt Fawn. Mrs. Union (Fawn) has been sick for some years now, and geeting worse. With her illness, she left the rink in Browens care. Mom and I often check on her with a call, because she doesn't want us seeing her in the state she's in.

I clear my throat, "is she still finding it hard to stay awake?". I haven't talked to Mrs. Union in a short minute, due to work, bugging over Ty, and all of my siblings running around. Browen confirmed her great ant mostly slept, but she didn't want to get too deep into detail.

"Jo, I wanted you to come here today; at this time, to offer you something.... A piece of the rink".

I look at Browen crazy, laughing hastarically, "a piece? What, you want to give me the yellow toaster I like so much?". She touched my hand, staring into my eyes, "15%".