•1•

||

||

k a y l a n i

junior year was stressing me out and i'm only 2 months in.

i wish i was like my sister who was graduating this year and then going off to her dream college [hopefully] next fall.

i didn't even talk to anybody in school but my girl bestfriend of 10 years, juliana. she's my ride or die and her and i've been attached at the hip since i was 6.

my sister and i have two moms, and they've been dating since they were fourteen. one was asian and one was black. my african american mom ; aaliyah got inseminated and got pregnant with with my sister kylie at the age of 22 and then my asian mother ; lisa got inseminated and got pregnant with me at 24. our moms are the same age, but mom was born in may and mother was born in june. they got married when they were both 28 and we've been a tight family ever since. my mom worked as a model for different magazines and my mother was a doctor.

so you know what the means right? we were filthy rich. living the los angeles life in beverly hills and living in a huge mansion with a big backyard and a guest house.

i didn't really care as much, but my older sister kylie cared of course. always inviting friends over, bragging about how much money we had and how fortunate we were. her and i didn't really get along because she was extrovert and i'm the introvert.

only thing we had in common was we dressed the same, girly. we loved wearing tight jeans, leggings, crop tops, dresses, skirts and shorts and we loved jewelry. that was just in our blood and that was the only thing we can really bond on, other than that, we didn't really speak to each other like that.

as i finished curling my hair, my phone rang and i saw the contact name and it was juliana. i rolled my eyes jokingly and i picked up the phone and put it on speaker.

"seriously lani? school starts in thirty minutes and you're not ready?"

"beauty takes time girl,"

"i don't give a shit. i'm outside, so hurry that ass up before i throw a big ass rock at your window like i did two months ago,"

juliana was so impatient. two months ago she broke my window with a rock she found near my house because i didn't want to go to a party with her.

and that's when i knew. that's when i knew i had a crazy ass best friend, but i loved her with all my heart.

"dude, i'm applying lipgloss, i'll be out in five minutes, i promise,"