•26•

| |

| |

k a y l a n i

i began my senior year.

i've still been going to see my therapist and i have two doctor appointments every month. it's been tiring, but i do want to get better.

nothings bad has really happened since the whole court thing and billie's parents haven't made a come back and i really hope they don't, because i'm going to say something. i don't care. they've caused so much trauma to billie and then they wanna come back and yell at her for doing something that was meant to be done?

kylie started her classes at college. she still lives at home, so she comes home when she doesn't have classes and she comes on the weekends, so she was going to come this weekend and i'm glad, because i'm beginning to have separation anxiety from her.

today was friday and my last class was study hall. i finished all my class work and homework already. since it's about two weeks into school, they don't give a lot of homework and i'm glad.

i was roaming around the building and then i saw my biology teachers, mrs.walker.

"hey kaylani," she greeted me with a smile.

"hi miss," i responded, returning the smile. "do you need help with anything? i had study hall right now, but i don't have any work to make up,"

"i'm just cleaning up my classroom. you want to help?" she asked and i nodded.

i knew her ever since my sophomore year and i wanted her as my teacher so bad and i finally got her. she's the only teacher i can really trust, and my moms are close with her too.

we walked inside her classroom and she gave me wipes and spray bottle and she told me to start wiping down the tables and the chairs and i nodded.

"so how you've been love? how's school for you?" she asked, beginning to start a conversation.

"i've been okay," i began, as i began wiping down the tables first. "schools been easy so far. i'm just really excited for this year, because this is my last year,"

"what colleges are you hoping you get excepted into, or is there just one?" she questioned.

"i wanna go to yale," i said and she smiled. "i of course, signed up for other schools. but mostly yale, because i want to be a lawyer in the future. that's my dream. when i was younger, i wanted to sing, but i think i can be a good lawyer,"

"i believe you," she said with a nod. "i've noticed you've began getting more comfortable speaking. you used to be so so shy like freshman year and sophomore year. i'm proud of you kaylani. so proud,"