•23•

trigger warning : attempted suicide

| |

b i l l i e

kaylani didn't seem like herself.

i tried calling her to tell her about patrick and maggie. i tried going to the house, but whenever i went, she took a nap. i was supposed to not see her for three days, but the three days turned into a week and i didn't speak to her for four days.

i was laying down in my bed, scrolling through my phone while music played softly on my phone and then i got a text
from kaylani.

imessage
"baby ❤️"

where are you ?

home, why ?

come pick me up pls.
i need to talk to you

omw. gimme 25

i closed my phone and let out a deep breath.

kaylani never texts me like that. i hope she's okay. i really miss her, and i haven't seen her for a week. i don't think she really needs to explain anything, she's been hurt so many times and she's going through a lot, so she doesn't need to explain why she ghosts.

right?

i quickly threw on some clothes and slipped on my slides, grabbed my car keys and went downstairs and went into my car. i sent a text to the groupchat with finneas, claudia and i and i told them i went to go pick kaylani up.

hopefully with whatever she has to tell me, i hope i can tell her about the whole patrick and maggie situation. she wouldn't realize my knuckle though, because it's perfectly fine now. no bruises, nothing and it doesn't hurt anymore.

about twenty five minutes later, i pulled up in front of the house and sent a text to kaylani that i was outside and then a few seconds later, she came outside. she was wearing black nike grey sweatsuit with slides and her hair was in a bun. it was 9:30 p.m so it wasn't that hot like it was in the afternoon.

she came inside the car and gave me a toothless smile.

"are you hungry?" i asked her and she nodded. "what do you want?"

"mcdonald's," she replied softly and i nodded.

i drove to mcdonald's and i ordered her a twenty piece chicken nugget meal, and when she got her food, i parked in the parking lot and played music softly and just scrolled through my phone, waiting for her to speak.