Chapter 1

Justin

Hope was the only thing that kept me sane in rehab. Hope that Clay Jensen gave me, without asking anything back. I was a wreck, a car crash waiting to happen. I lost faith in myself during those dark days, but Clay didnt.

There was a point in my life that I thought of ending it. But like an angel who came down to earth to save me, Clay told me his family wanted to adopt me. At first things were going well, Clay became my closest friend, he became my brother. His parents accepted me without hesitation. I was finally happy but then my demon came back to haunt me. I got addicted again, I kept it from Clay and our parents, I kept it from my friends.

But Clay never gave up on me. He begged me to change, he forced me to get help, he promised me that things were going to get better and I believed him.

Will things really get better? Will I get a happy ending? These were the questions I continously asked myself whenever I couldnt sleep in rehab.

Today was the second night that I would sleep in our room again after spending three months in rehab. It still smelled the same, Clay Jensen's scent. The room was silent but I had a feeling Clay couldnt sleep too.

"Clay." I mumbled.

"Yeah?" He shifted on his bed.

"You think things will really get better?" I was staring at the ceiling, imagining it was the sky full of stars. "For me atleast."

"Yes," Clay sat up on his bed. "You've been sober for three months Justin. You're getting better."

"I see," I was stretching my arms, playfully reaching for the ceiling, for the sky. "Have I told you about my dream on my first night at rehab?"

"You haven't." Clay was quiet. I could feel his eyes looking at my direction.

"I dreamt of dying," I gently said. "Drug overdose. In my dream, I died alone. I was waiting for you to visit me on the hospital but you didnt. No Alex. No Jessica. No Tony. Zach wasnt there too."

Clay didnt say anything so I took that as sign to continue.

"I remember waking up that night, crying. I didnt want that to happen. I dont want to die alone. I dont want to die."

"That would never happen." Clay whispered but I heard it. I couldnt help but smile a little.

"I know." I said. I could feel my head starting to give in from the inevitable sleepiness.

"Go to sleep Justin." I could hear his bed squeak.

I closed my eyes. That nightmare that I had was my greatest fear. To die and to die alone. But Clay told me that things will get better and I believe him.

I owe Clay my life. He would never admit it but he had saved my life twice. And I need him to keep doing it because if Clay wouldnt save me then who would?

"Clay?" I was counting stars in my head. They were bright, shiny and they never stopped twinkling. I read somewhere that the stars that were seeing in the nightsky were nothing but a figment of their past selves when they were alive.

"Yeah?" Clay answered. I wish I could tell Clay to count the stars too when he couldnt sleep.

"Dont give up on me okay?"

I didnt hear his response because the stars fell down and blinded me. I fell asleep looking at the ceiling pretending it was the sky.

I had a dream. A nightmare. I was dying again but this time Clay was there, our parents were there. Jessica was brushing my hair. Alex brought me a gift, a giant teddy bear. Bryce was there, he was sitting beside Zach. Surprisingly, Hannah was there too. I couldnt speak in my dream but I could see all of their faces as if it was too real. They looked sad and miserable. Especially Clay. I wanted to reach out for his hand, I wanted to thank him but I couldnt move my body.

Thank you Clay.

-

So here it goes!! The clustin story I promised!

I know Ive been saying it over and over again but this story is connected to my other story fix you (with alex zach charlie and winston as main characters) but its okay if you dont want to read that story you can still enjoy this one im sure.

This one is short but I just really want to post the first chapter. Next chapters would be longer I promise.

- G