Chapter 21

Clay

My Chemistry teacher gave me some homeworks I could answer for some additional points she could add to my grade. I told her that my parents got me a tutor every weekday after class, she commended me for doing something to change my fate, my future.

"This one is easy," Maria, my tutor, who was also a family friend handed me the Chemistry homework after she skimmed through it. "I bet you, you can finish that equation in five minutes."

"Thats alot of fate in me," I chuckled. I looked at the question on the paper. I actually remembered this from our lesson earlier. "Actually, yeah. I think I can finish this in three minutes."

"That's the spirit." Maria smiled. She was scanning my notes from my other classes.

Three minutes had passed and I gave Maria the paper. I tried answering the equation, finger crossed, I got it right. Maria was biting his lower lip, checking my answer if I did something wrong.

"Clay," She was shaking her head gently, she looked disappointed. And then she started laughing, placed her hand on my hair and messed it. "You got it right. You should have seen your face."

"You're mean." I smiled at her. My parents were right, Maria was pretty. If Justin was not in the picture, I would definitely develop a crush on her. I bet Justin would dig her too if I was not in the picture. She got both the beauty and brain.

"Hey that necklace reminds me of the one my father gave me when I was a kid, too bad I lost mine when I was ten." She was eyeing the necklace I was wearing, it was Justin's gift for me. I never really take the necklace off, except when I was showering or sleeping. Maria asked. "J stands for?"

"Uh," Shit. "Ju- Jensen. Jensen."

She nodded, not sure if she caught my lie.

"Okay, one down," She handed me three pieces of paper, it was my Chemistry homework. The next question was harder than the first one, I was sure that I would be needing Maria's help for this. "Three more to go."

"These are hard," I sighed. "But I'll try."

"Just call for me when you're not sure about something," Maria was writing notes on my notebook. "Or if you give up."

"Copy, maam." We both laughed.

I had been so enthralled by the equation that I was doing that I didnt notice someone else's presence.

"Hi," Maria called to someone with her soft voice. "Justin, right?"

I turned around and there he was, with his messy hair that was over the place, wrinkled white shirt and a sweatshorts. He looked embarassed, as if we caught him doing something illegal.

"Yeah," Justin smiled at Maria and then looked at me and apologized. "Im so sorry, I didnt mean to distract you. I just want to grab some food from the fridge."

"No," I assured Justin. "Its fine, you dont have to say sorry."

Justin walked to the fridge, he grabbed some leftover pizza from the other day and a glass of juice. I stopped him when he was about to go back im our room.

"Justin," He looked at me. "You can stay here with us, if you want."

"Its alright, I was actually reading a book." Justin took a bite of the pizza he was holding, there was some crumbs om his cheek. I wanted to eat it off his face. I pushed the kinky thought away.

"Yes," Maria added. "I would love some company as I wait for Clay to finish his homework."

"Uh," Justin sat on the couch beside Maria. "Sure."

I started focusing on my homework, I could hear them talk about school, Justin asked about her parents, she asked about how Justin became a part of the family. I couldnt focus on the questions I was answering. I found myself listening to their conversation, making sure Justin isnt flirting with her or the other way around.

"I cant answer it," I gave Maria the paper back. The thing was, I didnt even try. "Im so tired, can we continue this tomorrow?"

Justin was looking at me weirdly. Maria was understanding, she nodded and handed me back my notes.

"I corrected some of your notes," Maria was now packing her bag. "I also wrote some of the easier formula you can use for your Chemistry subject."

"Thank you," I walked her to the door, she gave me a quick hug before going out of our house. "See you tomorrow."

When I closed the door, Justin was standing up behind me. His hands were on his hips. He was looking at me weirdly, his eyebrows were raised.

"What was that?" Justin asked, he knew something was wrong.

"What was what?" I acted dumb, maybe I could get away with this.

"You know what Im talking about, Clay." He leaned on the wall, his hands were now crossed on his chest.

"Okay," I threw my hands up. "I didnt like how close you guys were on that couch."

"Clay, that's really petty." Justin told me casually.

He was right. But people do petty things when they get jealous.

"I dont want her getting the wrong idea," I said. Jealousy was controlling my mouth. "You guys are the same age, you are single, you are handsome."

"Clay," Justin scratched his hair. "Not every girl I talk to wants to fuck me."

"How about the waitress from that restaurant?" That waitress obviously wanted to fuck Justin.

"Except for her," Justin walked towards me. He held my arm. "Can you stop being a jealous freak and start trusting me?"

I looked down. Ashamed of my sudden outburst. What I did was uncalled for, disrespectful not only to Justin but also to Maria.

"I'll be honest," Justin was rubbing my arm. "I actually went down to check up on you, I heard you guys laughing so loud it made me kind of jealous."

"We didn't do anything," I defended. "I dont like her like that."

"Same goes for me," Justin placed his right hand on my cheek. "I dont like her. I dont like anyone else. I only like you, Clay."

"I'm sorry," I pushed his hand away. "For being a jealous freak and for being controlling."

"Its okay," Justin placed his hand back on my face. "I like it when you get overprotective and shit."

I sighed. I needed to tone down my jealousy. I could be a tad bit controlling sometimes but Justin was his own person, I needed to put all of my trust on his palms, because I would want Justin to do the same for me too.

-

Hi. Thank you so much for being patient. I had been really tired lately, been waking up late aswell.

I promise I would never abandon this story, I'll continue updating.

Thank you for the 6k reads. I love you all.

- G