Chapter 26

Clay

It was the day before Valentines day, I wanted to do something for Justin. Surprise him, just like what he did for me when he bought me that necklace. What I had in my mind was something simple, which I was sure Justin would appreciate since he was never really a materialistic person.

It was a fine gloomy weekend, the sky was grey eventhough it was just two in the afternoon. My dad asked Justin to come with him on the repair shop, his car needed a tire change and Justin volunteered to go with him. Probably out of boredome, which was a perfect timing for my plan.

My mom was not home, she mentioned she was working on some old man's case and she would probably work on weekends too. I got a text from Maria, my tutor, to send her pictures of my notes. She told me she would start teaching me advance lessons based on our subjects curriculum that Courtney lent her.

I thought of spreading red rose petals all over our room but that would be hard to clean and in order to buy a rose, I would need to get out of the house in which I couldnt because were still grounded.

The breeze from inside the refrigerator hit my skin as I opened its door. I looked inside it, looking for a specific fruit in mind. Gotcha. I grabbed the strawberry and took it out from our refrigerator. They looked vibrant and fresh. Perfect. Before I closed the door, I took a chocolate bar and snapped it in half.

Okay how do I do this? I typed, How to melt a chocolate bar, on my Youtube search box. Hundreds of videos came up but I picked the one with the most views. I followed the instruction given by the person on my screen. Voila. I just finished melting the chocolate bar. Gordon Ramsay would be proud of me. It smelled so good, I dipped my finger inside the pot forgetting it was hot. Nevermind, Gordon Ramsay would probably tell me I was an idiot sandwich.

"Fuck, fuck." I cursed loudly. I sucked my finger, moaning as the taste of chocolate knocked my tastebuds and then immediately winced in pain. I opened the sink's faucet and let the running water ease the burning sensation on my finger.

My phone started ringing, it almost made me jump. I reached for my phone and answered the call, it was my dad's number so hearing Justin's voice on the other line was unexpected eventhough they were together.

"Clay?" Justin said, his voice was rough and gentle.

"Justin," I wiped my wet hand on the kitchen towel, no longer feeling the burn. "Why are using my dad's phone?"

"Oh," He replied, I could hear a dripping sound on the background from his side. "My phone died, borrowed your dad's phone to call you."

"Whats that sound? Wait," I opened the the kitchen cabinet and grabbed the first aid kit my mom hid inside. I placed a band aid on my finger, not sure if it would help. "Are you peeing?"

"Yeah, give me a second." I could hear Justin putting the phone down, the sound of a zipper zipping and then his voice again. "Anyway, I talked to Matt earlier."

"And?" Hearing Justin call my dad by his first name felt right, eventhough he was adamant that Justin call him dad.

"He said that he would try to persuade Lanie to unground us," He then paused and made a silly sound. "Is unground a word? I'm not sure, but yeah you know what I mean."

"Thank God," I looked at the bowl of strawberry and a chocolate dipped I prepared for later. "Finally."

"So," I could hear him walking, probably going out of the restroom. "We can have our Valentines date soon."

"Ofcourse." I held my tongue and bit my lip, Justin was looking forward to our Valentines date. Little does he know, we would be doing it in an hour.