Chapter 9

Justin

I was busy searching google on how to solve Clay's take home quiz, on his laptop, when Clay barged in the room. He was wearing an excited expression on his face, something I rarely see on him.

"Look at this website," I told Clay. I found a website with tutorial videos on how to solve the different equations for his take home quiz. "I think this can help."

But Clay was on a different world, he looked at me weirdly as if I was speaking gibberish.

"Dress up." He said. It was saturday and the sky outside the window was a little dark and gloomy.

"What?" I asked. Why do I need to dress up? Are we going to roleplay or something?

Clay opened his closet and started digging into the back of it, he was looking for something. I stopped myself from making a Narnia joke because it was already overused and outdated.

"Clay?" I called him but he was too busy looking for something inside the closet. I alsto stopped myself from making a gay joke because I didnt want to piss Clay off.

"Gotcha." Clay exclaimed. If a question mark had a face, my face would be it.

Clay was holding a two pair of suit and tie. One of it I remember he wore on last year's prom, the other one was my first time seeing. Question marks were still all over my head.

"Prom is still months away," I stated. Which was true. "You should be studying right now."

"I know that, silly." Clay threw the white suit at me. "You're going with me on that dinner reservation."

"Really?" My face lit up. Fancy restaurants were not exactly my scene but I wanted to try something new. A new experience with Clay.

"Yeah," Clay explained. "I can't really bring Ani since she already dumped me."

"You can still bring her though." Does Clay want to fix things with Ani?

"No," Clay snorted, like he couldnt believe I was even suggesting it. "You're coming with me."

"What's with the suits?" I asked. I dont wear suits, except on special occasions. They were too itchy.

"The reservation requires formal attire." Clay showed me the reservation e-mail on his phone.

It took us almost an hour to finish dressing up. I brushed up my hair, using an almost empty hair gel and a brush. The suit had a nice fit on my body, like it was tailor made for me.

"I look nice." I was checking myself up on the mirror. This was the first time in awhile I felt confident about my body and how I looked. I turned around and  Clay proudly smiled at me.

"Yes you do. Except" Clay stood up and clamped both of his hands on my shoulder. Then he started giggling like a toddler. He spun me around, making me face the mirror. "Your tie looks like shit."

I felt my ears burn up, feeling embarrassed by my mistake. Clay untied my neck tie, he carefully fixed it, making sure every knot was perfect.

"There you go," Clay patted my back. "Now you look like you came out of a red carpet."

"Thank you." I muttered. I looked at myself. Gaining the confidence back from earlier.

"You look pretty hot," Clay admitted. Checking me out from head to toe. "I would date you."

"You would?" Clay's statement caught me off guard.

"I mean," Clay nervously laughed. "If I were a girl, I defenitely would."