Chapter 2

Rajveer's POV

I woke up and got ready. I reached down and saw everyone having breakfast. I joined them. After breakfast my mom asked me to visit the bride house and hand over them the haldi bowl. I started the car and Ruhi my younger sister was accompanying me to the bride's house.

"How are you ? Did you missed your brother or not? " I asked her as yesterday before I could meet her I slept.

"I am awesome bhai and yes I missed you a lot" she said sounding excited

"You sound excited" I said to her.

"Yes bhai I am very excited for Rahul bhai's wedding and your return. You know bhai bhabhi is so sweet and smart but she is quite traditional and shy kind of a person. I have only met her few times but I like her alot." she said.

Rahul bhai is our cousin. He is my dad's elder brother's son. He is the first child in the family. He is their only child and his parents are a bit conservative.

"How did Rahul bhai agreed for the wedding? He always wanted his life partner to be modern and independent."

"Yes that's what he has been saying all throughout his life but I guess he fell for her innocence."

"Maybe."

We reached and as we entered everyone greeted us. Ruhi introduced me to the bride's mom and dad. I handed over the bowl to them. Ruhi pulled me towards the bride to meet her meet her.

The moment I saw her I was lost in her beauty. She looked gorgeous. Her face held lot of sadness. Why is she sad? Shouldn't she be happy as she is getting married today.

 "Bhabhi meet my bhai" Ruhi said.

"Rajveer" I said and extended my hand.

"Naina" she said and folded her hand.

I was astonished to see her behaviour. Is she really that shy to shake hands with me? I really liked her she is the definition of beauty but she is too naive and on top of that she is getting married to my brother. I better don't think about her in any way. 

Everyone started applying haldi to her so we also applied haldi to her. She looked really cute in that yellow outfit and her face covered with haldi. After sometime we left from there.

Even after trying not to still all the way to my home I was just thinking about her. "Just inform mom that I am going to meet Aarav and won't be there for lunch" I told her as she was going inside the house.

Aarav is my best friend. We had plan to meet at our favourite restaurant. I entered inside and went near the table and saw him waiting for me. As soon as he saw me he got up and hugged me. he was really happy to see me. We shared about the things that happened in the last one year.

I really wanted to tell him about the unwanted thoughts which I am having about Naina but was feeling quite weird to talk on that topic. However I decided to tell him about it as he is my best friend and I have never kept anything hidden from him and I know he will not judge me..

"Today I met Rahul bhai's bride Naina" I told him.

"How is she?" Aarav asked

"She is really very beautiful. I think I have fallen for her as I am not able to stop thinking about her. I know I am not suppose to even think about her in that way but I am just not able to do anything about it." I said in one go.

He choked on his drink and said "Oh my god! Have you lost your mind. She is going to be your Bhabhi."

"I know but my mind is not ready to accept it" I said

"Just think of it as attraction and try to not think about her. You know that you two can never be together" he said being practical as always.

"Yes I will try to forget about her" I said feeling dejected. Why am I feeling like this? It's just once that I have met her. If I tried I will be able to forget her. I better move back to London it is the only way to clear my thoughts. We left the restaurant as we both had to attend the wedding which would take place in some time.

I entered my home and started moving towards my room. As I was about to enter my room I heard some noises from my parents room. I moved towards their room and saw that my entire family was present there. The next words of my dad shock me to the core.

"What should we do now?" my dad said and everyone looked at him being tensed.

I went inside and asked my dad regarding the situation and his next statement shocked me to the core.

"The groom has ran away from the wedding." my dad said.