9

Sumihiko= Tanjiro

"Sumiko-chan, could you carry some of that over?"

"We don't seem to have enough helpers..."

A lady asks a burgundy.... 'girl' who sat down and folded clothes.

"I understand! Koinatsu-oiran's room right? I will carry it over!" The " 'girl' beams as she went to the said objects.

As she bent down and begins to stack the boxes, the ladies flocked behind her.

"You really work hard Sumihiko-chan!" A lady says cheerfully.

"When we took off your makeup, we found your scar, so the hostess was boiling than a raging fire yesterday..." another continues.

"Yes! I will be glad to do the work!" She says as she lifts up the boxes and went on her merry way.

Upon arriving on the assigned room, she then glances at the two girls that whispered to one another.

"I heard the hostess of the 'kyougoku house' fell from a window and died" the girl from the right whispers.

"There are a lot of ladies who 'lose their footing' and disappear. It's scary" the girl on the left replies anxiously.

"How frightening. Let's be careful"

"What do you mean by 'losing your footing?" Sumihiko asks as she puts down the boxes.

The girls stared at him, the girl on the left then says.
"Whaa~ Sumi-chan, you don't know?" She asks, a smile adorning both girl's faces.

"That's a lot of baggage!" The other exclaims.

"They're all presents for Koinatsu-oiran" Sumihiko explains, finally playing the baggages down, she glanced back at them as they explained.

"So when we say ' lose your footing'. It means running away from here without paying your debts" the right girls states.

"If they find you, bad things will happen" she continues.

"Oh, I see..." Sumihiko mutters worriedly.

"They say, also some ran away with their lives ones"

As the atmosphere turned quiet, the girl on the left says.
"Even a few days ago, Suma-oiran.."

"Stop spreading these rumours. Nobody really knows...if they really ran away or not"

The three of them turned to see Koinatsu-oiran.

"Okaay" The girls say.

Koinatsu-oiran then turns to Sumihiko and smiles.
"Come, thank you carrying these" she smiles.

Sumihiko then trudged up,
"Yes!" She then walks up to the oiran.

"I'll give you some candy. You can eat it alone in secret" she added as she placed candies on his hand.

"I want some too!"

"Oiran! Oiran!"

The girls requested to the female.

"No, you just ate a while ago right?" Koinatsu-oiran questioned the girls as they cling to her sides.

"Uhm... did 'suma'-oiran  really lose her footing?" Sumihiko asks.

The oiran stared back at her.
"Why are you asking me that?" She asked.

"Uhmm"

Sumihiko struggled to find an excuse, but had trouble as the oiran was staring at her with the two girls.