X- in the night

(Y/n) lay awake in bed as the minutes that had turned to hours ticked by, the lights out for first years was ten o'clock and Chloé seemed to have fallen asleep shortly after that.

She looked at her phone for the time and released her long held breath. It was time to go.

(Y/n) carefully removed her duvet from over her and got out of the small bed. She put on some loose, warm and dark clothing before heading for the door that she delicately opened to not disturb her roommate.

She tried to keep her footsteps as light as possible while walking through the darkened house, it was midnight so all of the year groups should be in bed by now. Their housemaster would be back in his flat at the top of the house.

When she reached the bottom floor (Y/n) opened the door easily from the inside but knew that the task would be getting back in since the door was locked at night. (Y/n) picked up a rock and used it to stop the door from totally shutting her out. One thing that became apparent as she did this was that it meant there were no other uninfected students in the protective house, or at least none that Clementine or Wes had reached out to.

She pushed that thought aside and started to walk through the night to where she had met Clementine before.

Just through the bushes (Y/n) could see the faint lighting of some lanterns and she knew she had found the right place.

She winced a little when Clementine pricked her finger to make a drop of blood rise to the surface of her skin. (Y/n) squeezed the bleeding fingertip over the tiny testing bag Clementine had.

After a few drops of blood had gone in the testing bag Clemetine sealed it and shook the bag up. Most pharmacies would sell these bags. They were much like the tests doctor's used interchangeably that changed the color of the blood corresponding to presence of strain/strain type. Though these tests took a little longer to show.

"I'm sure you don't have a strain." Clemetine said as she put the bag aside to develop. "We just have to do this out of precaution."

"Of course... Has anyone ever found out about you guys?" (Y/n) asked. Just beyond where she was stood with Clementine, she could see Marco, Wes and three other students who were milling around and talking with each other.

"We had a close call with a girl last year, but she left before she did much about it. It's mostly just seen as a little rumor around the school that there's this secret uninfected club but most people don't believe it."

(Y/n) nodded, she noticed Marco looking at her and have him a quick smile along with a wave but he promptly looked away.

"What do you guys do here?"

"Not a lot, if you're having problems with anyone then we're always happy to help but the group mainly exists just to let students without infection know that they aren't alone." Clementine smiled warmly and turned as Wes approached the two of them.

"You made it." He said to (Y/n).

"Wouldn't miss it. We're just waiting for the results from the test." She responded.

"You mind if I steal (Y/n) for a bit?" Wes asked. "Just while her test's developing."

Clementine shrugged. "Fine with me." She then returned to the remainder of the group, leaving (Y/n) and Wes.

He picked up a lantern from the floor and held out his hand for (Y/n) to take. "Can we talk?"

(Y/n) nodded and took Wes's hand, following himself as he led her to another wooded area where they could sit.