XLIVI- poor you

What happened next was a blur but (Y/n) was out of the classroom in seconds, leaving all but her phone behind.

Their teacher was likely calling someone from a facility as she dashed down the hallway, Harvey wasn't following her but that made her even more nervous for some reason. It would absolutely be permitted but for some reason he didn't think it necessary which made (Y/n) more sure in her assumption that it would be facility workers that would come for her.

There weren't many options in her mind... If they got their hands on her then she'd be handed over to them for Harvey to likely collect... She needed an out.

The first thing that popped into her head was Gabriel, his overprotectiveness had always been a fault in (Y/n)'s head but maybe she could play this to her advantage. While he'd probably just try to take her for himself, him being a protective might make him easier to get away from than a possessive as long as she convinced him to let her outside and then make a break for it.

It wasn't a sacrifice she wanted to make but he was the best out of a bad bunch in her eyes... Or at least the one she could manipulate the easiest. Harvey knew her too well, Lloyd was too unpredictable and Wes was a straight up sadist.

(Y/n) continued to sprint down the corridor until she reached Gabriel's classroom. She didn't even think twice before throwing the door open, startling the class of second years.

"I have to get... Out of here." (Y/n) panted, looking directly at her very shocked mentor.

He stood abruptly. "What happened?"

"(Y/n)!" Lloyd also jumped out of his seat making Gabriel narrow his eyes.

"If this is a lover's dispute, I'd appreciate for it to be sorted outside." This teacher said gently, these dramatics being viewed as pretty normal.

Gabriel stormed out, pulling (Y/n) from the doorway. "What are you talking about??" He demanded to know.

"Harvey told my class, the facility workers are coming for me, we need to-"

"Harvey? Harvey as in your friend?"

"Yes! Now we need to go! Right now!" (Y/n) grabbed onto her mentor's hand and tried to lead him away.

"H-hey!!" Lloyd burst out of the classroom. "You cannot leave!"

"What are you doing?" Gabriel snarled at the other second year. "Get back in there, this is private." He snapped.

"No! I-I love her!!"

(Y/n) mentally facepalmed, this was awful. She could see Gabriel go through a range of emotions just from the way his eyes moved, none of them were good.

"(Y/n), did you know about this?" Gabriel asked quietly.

"Please don't leave!!" Lloyd added, not even giving any attention to Gabriel.

"... Yes, I knew, but I couldn't tell you because... Because- fuck! We need to go!"

"No-no!" Lloyd rushed to (Y/n)'s side and tried to hold her wrist but Gabriel jerked her back to stand behind him.

In no time at all Gabriel was in attack mode and had Lloyd on the floor, it was an unfair fight if one could even call it that but (Y/n) didn't have the time to wait around.

"Gabriel!" She yelled but he was far too taken with the task at hand.

(Y/n) looked up and down to see if she had anyone after her yet. She glanced back at the fighting boys and balanced her losses.

If Gabriel wasn't going to help her then she'd have to help herself. Maybe it was better that way too.

(Y/n) returned to her quick pace and ran towards the protective house.

(Y/n)'s breath was once again lost but she wouldn't allow herself to stop not matter how much her lungs burnt, she informed the way her weakened ankle needed relief and kept powering on.

Winding through the quad and several halls, (Y/n)'s feet had just finished hammering up a staircase when she felt someone pull her aside.

The familiar face of a sadistic fourth year, Noelle, who had cut (Y/n)'s arm weeks ago smirked when she had (Y/n) pressed against the wall.

"Little protective girl... We meet again.."

It was ironic that Noelle should call her that since soon the whole school would know that (Y/n) wasn't even infected, let alone a protective.

"Leave me alone!" (Y/n) barked, she wasn't in the mood for this and was more consumed by the fear of being taken to a facility to really calculate if it was smart to talk to a sadistic who already had it out for her in that way. "I don't have time to-"

Noelle forced (Y/n)'s back against the wall once more when she pushed forward.

"I'm not done with you, bitch." Noelle spat. "Where's your Wes now?"

Before (Y/n) could answer Noelle pulled some of her hair harshly to the extent where it felt like it was being ripped right from her skull.

(Y/n) grunted and grabbed Noelle's hand to try and get it off of her, was moments away from getting Noelle to let go when suddenly her wish came true it for the hand that had been gripping her hair to be sent flying into her face.

But she barely registered the pain when she heard an announcement over the intercom:

"Protective first year student, (Y/n) (L/n), is believed to be uninfected. Any students who can have her safely taken to reception for testing and then deliverence will be much appreciated.'

Noelle's smirk then faltered, it was one thing for a sadistic to throw punches and pick fights with other people with infections but doing that to an uninfected, especially one that wasn't their own, wasn't really accepted. The uninfected were already viewed as so weak that hurting one was just inhumane.

The older girl let go of (Y/n) and scrambled off in the direction (Y/n) came from.