XLIII- get her back

(Y/n) didn't show up to see Harvey.

Even if she had wanted to (which she didn't) she'd been sneaking around Gabriel too much lately and this wasn't worth making him suspicious over. Especially when there was a large probability of it going wrong.

She needed for Gabriel to trust her a little more if she hoped to get out of here, she couldn't have him tracing her every movement. Gaining that trust would involve acting in the way he perhaps would want her to and this included spending more time with him.

That was why (Y/n) found herself sitting on a bench in a more secluded area of the school, Gabriel's arm tossed over her shoulder as he fiddled with some of her hair.

"This is nice." He said softly. "It's such lovely weather we've been having."

(Y/n) smiled a little, as much as she disliked Gabriel for forcing her into being around him she couldn't contest his sincerity. He wasn't flirtatious at all so it was amusing to see him trying to talk to her smoothly.

"Yeah, it is." She replied. She thought he was really sweet and would have probably given him a chance if he didn't have the infection that made him so overbearing, (Y/n) knew better than to get carried away with him since she'd be locked up for her supposed 'protection' and would never make another independent decision.

"You promise everything's okay? Nothing's happened with your family?" That was the problem with Gabriel, (Y/n) couldn't have a real conversation with him without him constantly inquiring in in her wellbeing. It was nice he was concerned but he really couldn't take the hint of her not wanting to discuss it.

(Y/n) nodded weakly and Gabriel held her chin.

"You've been acting different ever since we returned from the trip." His eyes dropped down. "Is this about you ankle?" He ventured though he doubted it would still be that painful.

"I fell out with a friend of mine." She said sort of honesty. "It's okay it just kind of sucks."

Gabriel pouted. "I'm sorry that happened... But you don't need them, okay?" He embraced her warmly and (Y/n) actually appreciated the gesture, it didn't change her mind about leaving but she felt bad for him.

She felt bad for all of them really. Gabriel, Lloyd, Harvey and Wes alike. The effect for anyone losing the person they're in love with whether to death or just by them managing to get away was very emphasized to the public. It was a method of guilt-tripping basically and while (Y/n) felt the guilt she wasn't going to allow it to stop her.

(Y/n) put her arms around Gabriel's neck and held him tighter.

Lloyd felt ill, if he wasn't so weak he would've marched right out of his hiding spot and ripped (Y/n) away from Gabriel.

His sweet uninfected obsession in the arms of another man simply wouldn't do.

Frankie wasn't with him so Lloyd had no one to hold him back from scratching his rash with enough vigor to pick open old wounds and make it bleed again.

Being jealous wasn't fun, he felt helpless to stop it becuase Lloyd knew quite well that he didn't stand a chance against Gabriel. The best opportunity he had to strike against the other male was to do it in his sleep but Lloyd didn't want to do that with (Y/n) right there as she slept beside him every night.

He was sure he'd figure something out becuase if he didn't... Well, then he wouldn't get to be with (Y/n) and that wouldn't do. He had to be with (Y/n) and Gabriel being a whole lot stronger than him wasn't going to stop him.

Ugh. They were just so close, this wasn't a good time to get pictures at all.

Lloyd felt some relief to his pain when they finally let go of each other and went back to just sitting next to each other and talking rather normally.

He wondered what (Y/n) had done with the blood he gave her, he hoped she kept and treasured it though now knowing that she was uninfected he wouldn't hold it against her if she didn't.

It just meant that she needed some extra help to fall in love! And that was okay!

Lloyd never wished that he himself was uninfected and that his parents never interfered with his genome but that was because he knew life was difficult for someone who wasn't infected. He got infected and then never felt any regret about it, the process was painful and he had his doubts at the time but now he was mostly okay.

But for (Y/n) he wouldn't allow her to face any of the hardships that some people without infection have to deal with.

Lloyd just didn't take into account that he was one of those hardships.

Harvey waited for a solid hour before he accepted that (Y/n) wasn't going to show up, he sent her several texts and tried to call her but she either didn't see them or was ignoring him.

It broke his heart when she didn't show, maybe she thought (for some bizarre reason) that he wanted to hurt her. That wasn't true! That could never be true!

He just wanted her to himself, not because he was selfish! It was what was best for both of them.

She was his and he was her's, it was simple in Harvey's eyes.

But (Y/n) wasn't giving him the time of day.

He could see now how he possibly fudged that whole meeting last time, but shooting him down over and over was only making him more restless.

Harvey needed to get her in one place with nowhere to sprint off to so she could just listen to him and understand what he was feeling.

He had not a doubt in his mind that if she were to just listen then things would go the way he wanted them to.