XIV- followed

Since it was a Saturday, (Y/n) was able to wake up later that morning. It was her first weekend at A.L.F.E. and though she was going out with Chloé later that day, she was spending the morning at school.

At breakfast she managed to get onto the table with Clementine and some of the other uninfected students, Marco was notably there too but made a point of ignoring (Y/n).

"I'm going out this afternoon with my roommate." (Y/n) told Clementine.

"It's good to get out of here every once in a while." The older girl nodded. "Your roommate, is she nice?"

"Yeah... She seems it at least. She's got a girlfriend from out of school who I'm meeting today."

(Y/n) and Clemetine continued chatting over breakfast, gradually getting to know each other better. (Y/n) enjoyed being around her since Clementine was sort of proof that she could make it work while being uninfected. She seemed so down to earth and calm about it all, not the ball of anxiety that (Y/n) could feel herself becoming.

With Gerry as (Y/n)'s only prior knowledge of what life for an uninfected person was like, it didn't give her a lot of hope for her own future. But Clementine was doing well for herself, she could handle the lying and had built a network for people like her.

Eventually (Y/n) left the cafeteria, it was strange being there without having lessons to worry about, everyone was out of their uniform since it was the weekend so there weren't the usual identifiers of strains.

Her neck had been covered over with makeup but (Y/n) also made sure her clothing covered that portion of skin too to be safe. She was no longer in pain other than when she applied pressure to her arm but the cut was shallow enough for her not to require any stitching or stapling.

She was headed back to the protective house. The courtyard was empty as she walked through it, as most students took advantage of the fact they could spend longer in bed on a weekend morning.

The early air was cool and refreshing, it served as a reminder for (Y/n) that things would work out if she just got her priorities in order. Her life didn't have to be hell just because she wasn't infected.

Lloyd was of course her main problem but hopefully Wes could help her out with that.

(Y/n) paused when she heard a rustle from behind her, she had thought she was alone but apparently not. (Y/n) turned but saw that there was no one there, a chill ran up her spine and she walked back into the direction where she came from.

She could spot a figure just behind a shrub beside the walkway, her teeth gritted together.

"Lloyd?" She questioned.

A small whimper was heard before he stepped out from behind the bush with his head hung low. Some leaves had got stuck in his mess of turquoise hair.

"Were you following me?" (Y/n) took a step back, she hadn't really interacted with him since Vlod told her about his feelings. She didn't even know if he knew that she knew.

"Was I-?" He paused and his head shot up, revealing the deep crimson that his cheeks had become. "No! No!! Not at all!" He cried out defensively.

"Lloyd." (Y/n) repeated his name. Stalking someone you were interested in wasn't uncommon, but of course most preferred to know if their object of interest actually returned their feelings before revealing themselves as a stalker. Other than people who were uninfected, it was quite rare to find someone adamantly opposed to stalking for the sake of either love or revenge.

"I swear I wasn't!" He seemed almost on the brink of tears while he picked at the skin around his nails aggressively. A few more whimpers left him as he cowered inwards. "(Y/n), please don't hate me!!"