XXXIV- experimental

Dreams had been hard to find by that night as (Y/n)'s state of rest remained pretty shallow, whether it was the stress out the new environment she just couldn't get her mind to turn off.

She felt as though she'd been laying still with her eyes shut for hours now and yet she was still painfully awake.

Being wide awake made her the only person in the first year girl's dorm to hear someone walk in. She remained still in an attempt to seem asleep to the intruder.

Soft footsteps grew closer to her and (Y/n)'s breathing betrayed her restful façade. There was no reason for anyone to be in here and yet it seemed as though someone was heading towards her... Or at least someone around her.

In a fit of worry her eyes shot open and she sat up to see who had come in. There was a small yelp and a flurry of sudden movement that allowed (Y/n) to see the figure standing in the dark.

If there was more light in the dorm then maybe he would have seen the scowl that arose on (Y/n)'s face.

"Lloyd." She grumbled. "Get out."

He hunched over pathetically and held his hand out as if to beckon her out of the room.

"Please, (Y/n)."

"I need to sleep." She whispered to him.

"I need to talk to you." He whined. "I promise I'll leave you alone for the rest of the trip if you just come with me." There was a hint of sadness in his voice.

(Y/n) paused in contemplation. Getting him to fuck off for the next few days was pretty invaluable.

She climbed down the ladder and threw a jacket on over the pyjamas she had on.

"It, uh, means a lot to me tha-that you're doing this..." Lloyd said as they walked through the site that night.

"You better not try anything." (Y/n) commented, not exactly giving off the warmth Lloyd had hoped from her. "I'm only doing this to get you to go away."

Lloyd hung his head, everytime he stalked her she was just so nice. So nice to Wes and so nice to Harvey, even nice to Gabriel! Why couldn't she be that way with him?

"You know it's for your own good." (Y/n) continued. "I have friends that could do something really bad to you if you did anything to me." While what happened to Lloyd wasn't (Y/n)'s main concern, (Y/n) didn't really want him to die at Gabriel's hands which was entirely possible if her mentor found out about his obsession.

"I-I don't want to hurt you!! I only want to love you, surely your friend will understand that!" Lloyd cried out.

"Look, I'm trying to protect you-"

He stopped in his tracks and beamed. "You want to protect me?!!!" Lloyd placed his hands on his reddened cheeks and almost jumped up and down with glee.

"Not like that." (Y/n) grimaced at him and kept walking so as to create some distance between them.

Lloyd rushed up to her side and then matched her quickened pace. "Not yet anyway."

(Y/n) gave him a quick side glance, despite the grin she brought to his face he look entirely tuckered out. Dark circles rested beneath his eyes, the rash had spread and was even redder, beads of sweat on his forehead. "I don't get why you do this to yourself." She sighed.

"Do w-what?"

"This whole... Thing." She stopped. "You decided you loved me after talking to me like three times and-"

"I didn't decide I loved you." Lloyd said with a furrowed brow. "And I fell for you sooner than that, the second I layed eyes on you."

(Y/n) winced, even for someone with an infection that was fast. "That seems a little shallow, doesn't it?"

"It wasn't about the way that you looked... When I saw you my heart and my strain knew you were the one." He smiled softly at the somewhat painful memory. "I can't even describe it, it was so... overwhelming. You make me feel more than I ever have before!"

"You seem ill, Lloyd, just because I make you feel things doesn't mean they're good feelings."

A look offence crossed Lloyd's face. "You don't get it." He muttered. "It's complicated... For me it is anyway. I have an overactive strain." He itched the side of his arm and he saw that (Y/n)'s eyes were following his anxiously scratching hand. "My parents are doctors and they said that everything I'm feeling is good and it means that we're, um, we're meant to be."

(Y/n) shook her head lightly. "You should try to let me go. This isn't good for either of us." She inwardly knew there was little point saying this to anyone with a strain but it was worth the effort of voicing her feelings.

"You don't get it!" He repeated in annoyance.

"Help me get it then." (Y/n) stopped her steps once more and faced him.

Lloyd drew in a deep breath. "It's my parents... They were involved in some experiments a while ago, a lot of the patients died and they were disgraced... They managed to stay under the radar and have me." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a vial of yellow liquid attached to a thin chain. (Y/n) assumed that this was Lloyd's blood sample showing a positive reading for the obsessive strain. "They're both obsessives and they always wanted an obsessive kid, so when I turned eighteen and they tested me themselves and I was... Um... I came up as uninfected."

(Y/n) could hardly believe her ears, she unconsciously leaned towards him with widened eyes.

"For the next few months they spent trying to implant an obsessive strain in me but it hadn't ever been done successfully... I know I'm on the, um, the i-intense side becuase of this and I get this visceral physical reaction when I'm without you." He fiddled with the vial. "This was the first blood sample of mine that came up as fully obsessive. They told me to give it to you, they both wear necklaces with each other's blood... It's sort of a family tradition."

Lloyd held the necklace out to (Y/n) who was staring at it with parted lips.

He was... Uninfected, or at least he was years ago but not anymore.

No, now he was more obsessive and potentially more dangerous than anyone with a natural strain. (Y/n) could only imagine the amount of obsession he haboured after being pumped full of obsessive strains for several months.

"You want me to take this...?"

Lloyd nodded eagerly.

(Y/n) carefully took the vial from his hands and placed it in her pocket.

"I-I can put it on for you."

"I'm not putting it on." She stated bluntly, refusing to cut him any slack. "I don't like you, Lloyd."

He bit his lip and nodded again. "...okay."