two

That's how I ended up sitting on a plane with one small bag of clothes and feeling nothing but nervous anticipation

After the principle and I finished our conversation social services or something took me back to my house to pack, then sorted me out at the airport and I took my seat.

Repeatedly I asked if it was 8 brothers and not 2 or 3. To my dismay they replied with, 'Yes, 8 brothers', every damn time.

So, I decided to face my fate, they would either be the exact same as my supposed father was, or, kind and sweet grown adults.

It's not the latter, by the way.

****

I picked my bag up and slung it over my shoulder. Once I found the doors I pushed them open and looked around for whoever was supposed to pick me up.

The phone I had been given to contact my brothers suddenly buzzed so I slid it out my pocket and checked.

'To your right'

Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion I turned my head to the right, behind a few other people there was a sleek black car with a tall man standing next to it with a smile on his face.

He held the phone up to me so I guessed he was one of my brothers. How? I don't know. The only resemblance between us was the black hair, he had icy blue eyes and looked well built.

I took hesitant steps forward until I was stood directly in front of him. I could have sworn he was high, his smile was reaching his ears and he was almost jumping on the spot.

"Uh...which one are you?" I questioned. Cliche, I know. Not knowing which brother is which and having to learn all the different names.

He calmed down a bit once I asked and his smile wasn't reaching his ears much anymore.

"I'm Zane." He said, holding his hand out.

I shook his hand politely, not wanting to annoy one of them on my first day, since my presence usually annoyed anyone who was in the room with me. Skills.

"Well, we should get going, wouldn't want to be late." He stated, chuckling lightly, with a slightly nervous tone. I shrugged it off and opened the back door.

"Do you not-" he started, most likely to ask if I wanted to sit in the passenger seat, beside him.

I shook my head and sat down, closing the door carefully incase my awesome/ clumsy self banged it on my ribs.

He was on the phone to someone a minute but I could only make parts.

"Yes, she's with me." And "Yes yes, were on our way home."

I guessed he was talking to another brother. He sat down after and turned the gas on, driving down the road.

I stared out the window, at the scenery passing us by in a blur. A few minutes of silence later he started talking, unfortunately. I answered since I didn't want to be rude, unless he somehow pissed me off.