nine

We were finally headed toward the school after a lot of bickering and I was just praying Damon didn't crash the car and take us all down with him

"Is he always this...dangerous." I whisper to Wyatt who was sat in the back seat with me.

He chuckled lowly pointing to Callan who had his eyes closed bracing for some collision.

Damon swirved into a car parking space perfectly, and not an inch out.

"How the hell-." I started but Wyatt cut me off, shaking his head.

Well that got dark quickly and for no reason.

I stepped out after them and everyone walking by turned to stare. Attention wasn't my thing. Just think, someone out there is going through the exact same, I hoped.

I took an awkward step forward and everyone resumed their conversations.

I knew exactly what they were going to say next so I started striding forward, until they caught up to me.

"We'll take you to your classes for the first day, and I'll get your timetable." Callan spoke, as we made our way to, presumably the main office.

How I had not missed this hell one bit.

We were walking through another corridor when something, caught my attention.

I looked to my right and behind some lockers to see a fight happening. My brothers didn't seem to notice as they kept walking but stopped when they realised I wasn't following.

"Victoria, don't even-."

I heard as they ran after me and their shouts but I didn't stop, not until I did something completely and utterly stupid.

I held the boy's fist back as he was about to land another on the already pummeled boy on the floor.

He spun round, probably ready to land another one on who stopped him but his features completely softened and I knew then, I wasn't seeing things.

"Hunter."

"Victoria."

I immediately went to pull Victoria back as the he turned around fast and ready to land another punch but I stopped when his hand dropped to the side and his features completely softened

"What the fuck?" Callen whispered.

"I saw this coming." Wyatt said back and I swore Callan rolled his eyes.

I didn't take my eyes off the exchange.

"Hunter."

As in the- what the hell.

"Victoria."

This is getting creepier by the second.

They both stood still for a moment before he enveloped her in a hug and she returned it.

"What about the other guy?" Wyatt says, and I look to the floor only to see the pummeled guy was gone.

No fucking way. Victoria's old best friend, is the- dear god am I about to say this. The Bad Boy.

Fuck no.

Why must her life be even more complicated than ours.

She suddenly pushes him away crossing her arms.

"Why the fuck did you do that you idiot, fucking popcorn fried brain." She whisper yells, muttering the last part.

He opens his mouth to say something but stops. Maybe he's broken.

"That's not even the question right now, how did- I thought you were dead." He says, scanning her for any injuries.

"Cute." Wyatt mutters and I slap him upside the head.

"They died, I found my brothers, what happened to you?" She says, still showing a stubborn expression.

He looks to us, to which I give my coldest glare and he looks back to her, not much bothered. The fuck-

I turn to see Wyatt and Callan but I realise they already high tailed out of here.

What the fuck are they doing.

Callan returns a minute later with his phone and talking to Alexi. I continue to listen into Victoria's conversation though.

"V, I-." He stops and I glare again.

"Alexi said we have to talk to her and tell her she can't see him." Callan says just low enough so they can't hear.

"Why?" I question and he passes me the phone. I look at him and he nods, while I walk around the corner to talk to Alexi.

"Why?" I ask.

"He has ties with the Blades." Alexi says and I know instantly what he means.

I hang up and walk back over, seeing Wyatt back aswell.

"Victoria." I say, and she turns to look at me.

"We have to go." I state in a firm tone but she doesn't listen again. I swear she will be the death of all of us.

"Wyatt, your closest, push all that partying to the side." I mutter and he nods as me and Callan walk away.

This just got so much more messed up.
_______________________________________