thirty two

A rhythmic beep woke me up from my sleep and I forced my eyes open

A rhythmic beep woke me up from my sleep and I forced my eyes open. A white light blinded me so I let my eyes move down to my hand which had a firm hold on it.

"Wyatt?" I asked with a small smile. He woke up almost immediately and I noticed his eyes were bloodshot, like he'd been crying.

"You're awake." He whispered out before leaning over and wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug.

"What happened?" I questioned. The last thing I could remember was Conan stabbing me and then someone named Cole carrying me.

He avoided my gaze, tears building up in his eyes before the hospital room door opened revealing my brothers who all had sad smiles on their faces. Their eyes were bloodshot just like Wyatt's and they all avoided my eyes.

"Um, one of the Valiente brothers carried you out. Our medic stitched you up and once it was sure that you wouldn't...bleed out, we brought you to the hospital. You've only been out a few hours." Wyatt nodded to himself and I looked over at him.

The rest of my brothers stood to the side while Callan took the other chair next to me. Damon had the same cold look in his eyes which reminded me of when I first met him. I let out a small sigh.

For the next few minutes each of my brothers gave me a hug and we talked about what happened. They avoided some topics but I brushed it off, happy that I was alive and they were with me.

"Move out of the way idiots." A voice commanded my brothers and they all frowned, confused.

In the room now stood Rowan with McDonald's in hand and a grin on his face. He pushed past all my brothers, dragging Callan up and sat next to me.

I masked a laugh and settled for just smiling at him and my brother's angry expressions.

Turns out he bought McDonald's for all of us and after that my brothers were all happy. We ate our meals, almost forgetting about the past 24hours completely.

The happiness I felt didn't last very long though as a nurse came in and Rowan had to leave.

She looked at me sympathetically before focusing on Alexi,"We've looked over the overall risk from Victoria's wound and nutrition. Luckily the knife didn't hit any major arteries but unfortunately it did connect with one muscle that helps her legs function. She'll have to undergo six months of physical therapy." The nurse finished and my expression completely fell.

Shock covered my brother's faces as they stared wide eyed at me. Tears built up in my eyes but I wiped them harshly, returning to look at the brunette nurse.

"I- uh- where?" Alexi asked, pulling himself together slightly and glancing towards me.

"We don't have the facilities at this particular hospital so she'll have to be taken to a hospital in Arizona which specialises in physical therapy." The nurse smiled sadly.