twenty six

We stood in an awkward silence for a few minutes before Blaze walked through the gym doors, breaking it

He looked at the triplets first before turning to me with a small smile. The smile dropped when he saw Thackery next to me though.

"Who-" he began but I cut him off.

"My step brother." I quickly finished and understanding became present of all their faces.

Tension filled the air again before Grace walked out with a scared expression. She immediately met my eyes and made her way over.

"Grace, what's wrong?" I asked her as she struggled to speak.

She took a few breaths before turning back to the doors and me again.

"Colt-" She began and I watched as anger blazed in Thackery's eyes. Unfortunately, before she could finish, the doors swung open once again and Colt walked out.

He looked around at all of us, disappointment when he saw Grace. He had the same look in his eyes that Logan did for all those years.

He took a step forward before halting as he noticed Thackery who was quite literally giving off waves of anger from just his posture and murderous look in his eyes.

I knew the consequences of his anger after what happened in preschool. All in all it wasn't pretty. Before I could talk him out of anything though, he had already lunged for Colt.

Raven hair fell slightly over his forehead and the violet of his eyes grew darker. Colt didn't even have a second to react as numerous punches were landed immediately.

I thought quickly and decided to choose the only person I knew would be able to get Thackery off him.

"Blaze," I grabbed his forearm impulsively," please help." I pleaded with him.

He only smirked in response and looked back to where Colt was getting the life beaten out of him," Looks like he deserves what he's getting."

I huffed in annoyance. If Blaze wasn't going to help, no one would. So I took it upon myself to start walking over to the both of them.

Before I could get anywhere close though someone pulled me back gently by my wrist and a strange feeling made itself present in my stomach.

Blaze walked past me while letting go of my wrist and pulled Thackery off Colt by the collar of his black shirt. He attempted to escape Blazes hold but failed miserably while Colt just lay on the floor.

I walked over to check on him but Grace stopped me by placing a hand on my shoulder just as Kai appeared from the corner. They both helped him up while he sent me a livid glare.

I waved my hands around in defeat, wondering what I'd done to get him so pissed off at me.

At that moment, Blaze lessened his grip and Thackery shrugged his hand off, straightening his shirt out and making sure his hair was still perfect.