twenty five

For the rest of the night we did the usual, Rowan kept his word and tried to get me drunk on the punch but it obviously didn't work

Greyson and Blaze kept sending eachother annoyed looks every five minutes and I began to wonder why they didn't like eachother.

Colt showed up I'm guessing just after we finished dancing, I wanted to talk to him, explain, but he just continued to scowl at me and Blaze. Luckily Blaze was too invested in his own scowling contest with Grey.

I walked over to Rowan after assuring Blaze I wasn't walking to another country like he suggested I might be, and Rowan asked the question I had also been asking myself.

"Do you think they are long lost lovers?" He questioned. I shook my head no.

I thought for a minute before looking up at Rowan,"Do you know Greyson's last name?" I asked and he paused.

"No- well, oh my god you smart little future detective." He grinned at me, pulling out phone.

I looked at him weirdly but watched as he looked up the New York Police Department. As he scrolled through the random names his jaw dropped halfway down the page.

Without saying anything he turned the phone towards me, "What?...Officer Greyson King- oh fuck, King." My eyes widened just like Rowan's and we looked between the two of them.

Blaze and Greyson didn't look much alike, while Blaze had brown hair and blue eyes, Greyson had black hair and grey eyes.

"My head is about to explode." I muttered to which Rowan nodded in agreement.

"I'll go ask him his name again, you do you." He stated. I left with a simple ok and made my way to the bathroom to wash my face.

Once I was inside I stared at myself in the mirror, so many things had changed since my father died. I had met my brothers who I never knew existed. I had actually made friends. Not to mention my brothers were involved in a dangerous business and I was at a highschool dance with a mafia capo.

I splashed some water on my face to cool down before exiting and walking back to the table Blaze and I were previously sat at. He wasn't there anymore so I guessed he had another important call to make.

Greyson looked like he was explaining something to Rowan so I left them to it and made my way outside. The cold air was relief from the heat in the gym and I lent back against the wall.

"Definitely better than being in there isn't it?" A familiar voice came from beside me.

I nodded my head instinctively before turning to see who was talking to me. When my head had run through all hallucination possibilities my jaw became slack and my eyes widened to an immeasurable amount.

"No.." I trailed off, closing my eyes before opening them again and blinking a few times.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." He smirked and I rolled my eyes at the familiarity of it.