twenty eight

All in all, I was 100% sure my brothers had drank before Blaze dropped me off at home yesterday

All in all, I was 100% sure my brothers had drank before Blaze dropped me off at home yesterday. Wyatt was always like that though so he was the only one I didn't really question.

The house was quiet when I woke up on Saturday so I decided to catch up on some homework. Not that I wanted to obviously.

I stared in confusion at the question I had to answer but a knock on my door brought me out of my thoughts. Before I could tell the person to come in though, the door opened and Reuben walked in.

"You do know that coming in before I tell you you can defeat the object of knocking." I explained and he rolled his eyes before sitting down at the bottom of my bed.

I waited for him to say something considering it looked like he was having an internal war about what he was aboit to say.

"Vic, I'm sorry about the other day. I didn't intend to scare you." He told me sincerely and my eyes widened slightly.

If there was one person I didn't expect to apologise for anything, it was Reuben. Damon before him but still.

"It's fine." I replied hesitantly and he smiled at me.

"That's the best apology you're going to get from me so don't forget it." He stated, back to being serious so I just nodded and smiled.

The door opened again, this time revealing Blaze...and another man behind him?

"Nope. I'll take my leave so I'm not in the middle of two of the most powerful mafia leaders in the most." Reuben muttered under his breath, immediately standing up and walking toward the man I didn't know.

He shook his hand with caution,"Ace."

Ace who? Wait, Blaze mentioned something about having a business meeting the a guy called Ace Marino. I guessed this was him.

Reuben left the room with one last glance back at me and I smiled at Blaze before awkwardly shifting my eyes toward Ace.

"Vic, this is Ace Marino. He's here because of the marriage contract. He knows how to get you out of it without Alexander knowing anything." Blaze explained and I nodded.

Ace didn't look very friendly I had to admit, I didn't think he was much older than 25 but he seemed exhausted with life itself. I didn't try to speak to him as he it seemed he was only here to help me out of this contract.

"Yes-" he acknowledged, stopping when his phone rang.

He rolled his eyes but picked up nevertheless.

"Killian what do you want?" He asked into the phone, an angry expression on his face before it morphed into the shock.

"Onyx?"

He looked at Blaze and they nodded to eachother and he left the room to take his call.

"Now that he's gone and there's no brothers in sight." Blaze smiled, sitting down next to me.